HenryVIII

For 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium buyers and future buyers

Please support my cause statement on Ford Social.

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/please-change-the-2013-fusion-titanium-18-inch-standard-wheels//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

"The Standard 18 inch Fusion Titanium wheel honestly looks terrible in comparison to the SE Sport and Luxury wheels. For what people are paying for in the Titanium model is should come with a better looking wheel than that."

I am seriously considering looking at purchasing this car in Hybrid Titanium trim in near future and like some, feel that the Titanium Base 18 inch wheels have a lot to be desired. It's almost like a pigeon-holing maneuver to buy the 19 inch wheels. However, Mileage would start to suffer for Hybrid Titanium owners.

Edited by HenryVIII

You may want to update that because with the Hybrid Titanium you can't even pick the 19" wheels from the Factory, you're stuck buying them aftermarket or from the dealer at full price with new tires.

I included a comment in there as well. The more people chime in the better.

Edited by HenryVIII

I'm also a prospective buyer but if the only wheel option is that base 18" then I'll probably give up the push button start and go with an SE. Wish they had the 19" available.

It's official. Hybrid Titanium buyers will only have 1 wheel option. That's it. very stupid and lame IMO. :rant2:

That sucks. I've been looking at aftermarket wheels just in case. Does anyone know how much the standard 18" Titanium wheel weighs?

Nice aftermarket wheel selection!

If you're going to go that route I would probably recommend purchasing lightweight wheels, Sparco, OZ and other brands come to mind. I would probably keep it under 25lbs imo.

Edited by HenryVIII

After building a Titanium Hybrid on the Ford site yesterday, I'm even happier that I went with the SE. The Charcoal interior eliminated the Titanium back then, but if I had given in and accepted that interior to get the Push Button Start and Sony Audio, I'd be very unhappy if I also had to settle for the standard wheels.

Wheels are the last thing I think about on a car. They are also the easiest to replace to change the look of a car. Beyond that, to change the look requires a body kit, or spoiler, and those most likely need to be done by a body shop if you want them to look nice. Wheels, place an order with Tirerack, add the tires and TPMS, they ship them, you swap them out, you have spare wheels for winter that you dont care about getting loaded with salt, and you are good to go.

Also wheels are so much easier to replace than the Sony sound system that does not come in any other trim. For that alone i would want the HyTi. TiHy, HyTiTiHy HytiHytiHyTiHO

Wheels are the last thing I think about on a car. They are also the easiest to replace to change the look of a car. Beyond that, to change the look requires a body kit, or spoiler, and those most likely need to be done by a body shop if you want them to look nice. Wheels, place an order with Tirerack, add the tires and TPMS, they ship them, you swap them out, you have spare wheels for winter that you dont care about getting loaded with salt, and you are good to go.

Also wheels are so much easier to replace than the Sony sound system that does not come in any other trim. For that alone i would want the HyTi. TiHy, HyTiTiHy HytiHytiHyTiHO

This. Although for me wheels are important on a car. I prefer to have wheels that compliment the looks of a car and feel that these Ti wheels seriously fail to deliver in that regard. However, having a set of winter and summer wheels isn't a bad idea either.

I may be wrong about this, but I feel over 80% of new car buyers would not even consider buying a new set of wheels for the brand new car they bought. They want the car to be the way they want it when they drive it off the dealer's lot. Maybe over 20% on this forum would be willing to change, but I don't think we represent the average buyer. The vast majority of buyers will never post on a forum.

The vast majority of buyers will never post on a forum.

I have had the same thought, as how many times have we seen a new user come in, with his/her first post be a problem that has occurred? For someI think it's necessity that drives the interest on coming here, rather than a keen interest in MFT settings, ambient lighting, etc etc etc

It looks like you can get the SE 5-star wheels for $250 a pop after the fact. http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/fusion/2013/wheels/wheels.html

Does anyone know if the tire size on the hybrid titanium would fit these wheels? I have no clue if the width of the tires are the same, maybe that's a dumb question. I know they are both 18" wheels.

I am pretty sure the tire size and brand are the same among all 3 18" rim options available. When i ordered the titanium hybrid i debated going the same route as you are thinking.

Yeah, I'm thinking of possibly swapping out the wheels and keeping the stock tires. I just can't get over how bad the titanium hybrid wheels look. What are they thinking? I love everything else except the wheels.

Fusion Energi Ti doesn't even GET 18" wheel option... Just the 17" daisy pattern of the hybrid. Tirerack has better options if I cannot get the 5 spoke from Ford. Have to add the $140 for TPMS for the wheels.

They should all be 8" width, so the tire sizes are all the same.

I was just searching in "fordfusionforum.com" about changing wheels on a hybrid. One post referred to a video from "Jays Garage" which seemed to infer that the wheels affect the air flow and hence mileage of the car. I'm thinking that this could be the reason for Ford selecting this particular wheel for the TYHY, or they just over ordered the wheels from the supplier. ha,ha. :)

Okay I've seen the new Standard 18" Titanium wheel in the dark paint with machined face and it looks better over it's silver colored counterpart.

Okay I've seen the new Standard 18" Titanium wheel in the dark paint with machined face and it looks better over it's silver colored counterpart.

Where have you seen this?

i just got a new Hybrid Titanium in black. I think the wheels compliment the car very well. MIne are painted two-tone medium grey. The first, well... second thing my neighbor said was ".. I really like those wheels." The first of course was "I really like that grill. Looks like an Astin Martin." Funny but whatever.

I'm also a prospective buyer but if the only wheel option is that base 18" then I'll probably give up the push button start and go with an SE. Wish they had the 19" available.

Wait for the 2014 (which can be ordered now) and you can get an SE with push button start