Sign in to follow this  
GrySql

Motorcraft premium floor mats - sent them back.

Have you noticed that there are not many aftermarket accessories for the '13 FFH yet?

I did not order my FFH with the 'luxury' floor mats ($150 invoice) therefore the car came with stock carpet mats.

Don't need rubber mats here in SoCal but I want something better than these 1/8" thick stock carpet mats.

I noticed that official Ford Fusion accessories now has carpet mats for sale that are described as 'premium carpet' mats with the word 'Fusion' embroidered on it.

I ordered them from a Ford dealer at a discounted price.

Part Number: DS7Z-5413300-BA

They arrived in the mail yesterday and to my dismay they are the same carpeting as the 'stock' mats, thin.

For my proof, I offer this: My wife walked into the garage as I was unpacking them and said "why'd ya buy those, they're the same as we already have - except for the Fusion name."

I returned them (for a shipping loss), save your money is my advice.

I've also noticed that the drivers mats are 'dual retention' and for the flat part of the car's floor only. The 'sticking throttle syndrome' seems to be alive and well.

Edited by GrySql

Maybe Husky can flock some of their mats so they look like carpet. Would be different,especially in hot pink, or lime green. Oh imagination ran wild there for a moment.

Would be different,especially in hot pink

hmmm, now there's a thought, wonder why I didn't think of that? :spiteful: