Sign in to follow this  
GrySql

Traction Control and Hill Assist warnings on the display

expectations were not too high when the friendly Service Rep opened the hood and said "wow, never seen one of these hybrids before".

Sounds like you stopped at the Mayberry filling station! Hope it all turns out OK.

I drove a Focus that did that everytime I stepped on the gas, it had a low battery.

Have you have this problem again because I am experiencing this problem currently. I was wondering if I can do the hard reset myself and maybe that might fix my problem? my local Ford dealer cant get my car in until next Thursday. one week away, the following Saturday I'm supposed to drive 1 thousand miles to New Jersey from Michigan to visit my mom and sister and I'm hoping to have this problem resolved before then. ...

junior.29.dh,

Let me see how I can help. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

I had something more serious - but not unsafe - pop up over the last month. After driving 650+ on an uneventful roadtrip, I received a number of error messages:

* Service AdvanceTrac

* Collision warning not available

Link to video on dropbox

At other times I'd get the Hill Assist not available and Cruise Control not available warnings.

Anyway, I took the car into the shop (Regan Ford in Haverhill, MA) and they replaced an AdvanceTrac controller and all is well. Actually, all is better as I had been averaging 39MPG prior and 42MPG afterward!

It's been great driving it again. I'm not sure if a battery reset was performed because the EV+ areas weren't relearned. In any case, I'm just happy to have those warning sounds gone.

Here's a couple of things that I learned when the AdvanceTrac was out:

* The FFH software does a self-check every time the ICE turns on. I reasoned this as EVERY time ICE engaged, 4 warnings came on similar to the video. VERY frustrating, but safety first.

* There is a speaker that is for car sounds that is independent of the stereo. This speaker is where the car warnings and turn signal blinking sound comes from. It's located somewhere around the dashboard. I reasoned this as the warning "dings" are localized to a different location than the stereo. In addition, the turn signals "click" sounds disappear when the warning "dings" are going off. I guess people are used to the turn signal click sounds from the 70s and 80s...

It's almost been a year and I'm still learning things about this car.

Yep. Makes sense. I was surprised to hear the clicks be cut off by the warning sound.