yky

"High motor temperature" warning message and chime appears/disappears frequently

Take it to the dealer ASAP. This is an engine or electric motor overheat warning. See page 20 of the FFH Owners Guide. It's serious and I hope covered by the powertrain or hybrid warranties. The CVT is covered by the hybrid warranty. There should be a DTC stored. You can check the coolant fluid levels first but if they're down it means you have a leak and the dealer needs to find it. If the engine thermometer gauge is right in the middle, it's probably the electrical cooling system. Don't delay.

Further reading of your post about regenerative braking producing the warning pretty much points to the electrical cooling system.

Edited by lolder

Yes get it fixed, much less expensive to repair now than when something actually pops from overheating. Don't go anywhere except to Ford on this one.

having similar problem however i can not read the message as it is too quick. gonna take it to ford and see if it is same problem. was the defect a major issue that needed attention or a minor problem?

Let me know what your dealer says, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

It's not necessarily a faulty connection. There may be an overheat condition. Only the Ford dealer can tell.

This is one of the first reports of a transmission failure in the 2010-12 FFH's. I wonder if it actually was a true failure as the "High Motor Temperature" problem has previously been solved with a software update to the motor/electronics cooling pump speed control. The initial diagnoses of a "fuel pump" is so off the wall wrong that I'm suspicious of the dealers competence. The temperature gauge is for the ICE, not the ( Electric ) "motor". It is a completely separate cooling system.

Edited by lolder

There were only 70,000 of these models ( Ford, Lincoln and Mercury ) made and they're very reliable so dealers don't have much experience with them.