acdii

Accelerating in the 2013

Me, I'll just be happy getting between 38-42 mpg.

Just thinking out loud..............

ME TOOOO!! this 32 MPG crap is getting old! I can just drive my 2010, no special anything and get 35 or better.

This becomes second nature very quickly. You're going to love driving the hybrid. The FFH is my first Hybrid. See "Why Choose the Hybrid" in the Lounge section.

Just go over to your dealer and ask to take a test drive, that you want to see what kind of MPG you can get out of it since you've heard differing stories -- with a new car on the lot and no miles on them, you won't get great MPG, but you can at least get a rough estimate from the drive. And then pick out a route with some fast/slow speed limits, get some flat parts and some hills, then measure your MPG on the way out with driving like you want, and then check the numbers and drive like a miser on the way back and see the numbers difference (maybe small difference, maybe huge difference).

Actually, it can. Had I paid more attention to the MPG on mine, I would have thrown up a red flag. I had test driven a Cmax right before the Fusion, Same roads, same speeds, same everything and got 38 MPG. I got 34 in the Fusion. Had I gone for the Cmax, I probably would be very happy in it, and be paying nearly $70 a month less. 38 is right on the money for this car in cold weather and strong winds.

38.7 is respectable at that speed! As far as driving, I dont fiddle with my 2010, I just drive it, and got 39 last night, in 34* temps. I usually dont go much over 60 since these are all rural highways and not interstates. The one thing I don't like about my 2010 is the seat, it makes my left leg ache, otherwise its a great car. Though a little puzzled why my last fill was only 34 when the trips have all been so high. Eh, no worries, still getting expected mileage even if its showing a little different than actual.

I had to take my 13 today because of the freezing rain, and just drove it, didn't care about RPM's EV or any of that. I got 37. It is in the 30's though, so that helps a little bit. Do think it can be much higher, so just have to wait and see. It would be great if it is just a bad thermostat all this time.

Come on! You've had that car a month! That's not playing fair. ;0)

If he keeps that up he may come out one morning and find a blue one in its place :happy feet: