Sign in to follow this  
SgtMaj65Cobra

2013 Fusion Rim Options

Here is what you have to keep in mind with larger wheels. Tire options! For the Hybrid to achieve high MPG it must have low rolling resistance tires. The tires have a huge impact on MPG. The stock rims and tires are Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires. If you do some research on them, you will find they provide the best fuel economy of any tire out there, unfortunately, they do not come in the correct size for 18" rims, and do not make 19" ones either.

The other option is the Michelin Primacy MXM4, if you can find the correct size in that tire, then it would be a good match for those rims, but you still wont get near EPA with them. Mass of wheel, and diameter will affect the MPG too.

My 2013 Hybrid has 18" goodyear tires, and I am barely cracking 35 MPG with it. I am debating what I am going to do with this car since it is getting no where near expected MPG let alone rated EPA. I also had a check engine light come on twice last night with poor performance of the engine. I am on the fence on whether to pursue getting 17" rims with the Michelins, or just get rid of the car completely and wash my hands of this whole mess. I have never ever been so disappointed with a Ford before.

Hey acdii your check engine light might be a blessing in disguise, maybe the'll find out why your poor MPG in the process of running down the CEL problem

Hey acdii your check engine light might be a blessing in disguise, maybe the'll find out why your poor MPG in the process of running down the CEL problem

One can hope!

I thought the Energy Savers from Michelin came in 18" size that would work for the FFH 18" rims. What is off with them?

They dont come in the 235/45/18 and are off by 3 MPH so the car would need to be recalibrated if possible.

They are the incorrect size for the car and it would need to be re-calibrated if they fit the wheel wells. They are also pricey! I had given it thought to pick up a set off Ebay, and had my login worked, I would have, and if the tires did not make a difference, I would use them on my 2010 and have it re-calibrated for the size difference. The Stock 18" is 235/45/18, going up to 50 series increases the diameter and reduces the MPH by over 3. In effect also changing the gear ratio which could actually work against the MPG. In most cars, this would have little impact on overall MPG, but the Hybrid is very sensitive to this type of change.

For example, compare the Camry LE Hybrid 17" wheels to XLE Hybrid 18" wheels.

43/39/41 40/38/40