Allegany

New Hybrid

Well I just thought it was time for another update. Just went over the 16 thousand mile mark and have over 68 hundred electric miles. The dealer changed the gear shift knob on the Ford recall. My lifetime average is now up to 41.4 miles per gallon. And it is creeping up slowly. I think if I had bought the car when the weather was warmer the lifetime average would be much higher. Still very pleased with the mileage, performance and handling of the car.

The longer you don't reset the "lifetime" average mpg., the more it is set in stone. Even big changes in mpg will not be noticed. Reset it at oil changes and note the previous interval's mpg. on the maintenance pages of the manual.

3800 miles since the first reset on the MPG and it took 500 miles before it went up 4/10ths after our trip knocked it down to 42.5 from 43.5, and its now at 42.9. It goes down much faster than it goes back up.

Well once again its time for an update. Received a recall notice from Ford concerning leaking fuel, No repair parts available until the end of August. Currently have 17089.5 miles 7391.8 electric miles and 947.3 regen miles. My lifetime average has moved up again to 41.6 mpg. I have never reset since I got the car, so it includes over 8000 miles with studded snows. Should be over 42 mpg by end of summer. Still pleased with the car

Just another quick update. Received two recall notices in the last week, One is for a possible fuel leak and the other is the software upgrade. Will talk to the dealer today about both. Just over 18000 miles and long term average is now up to 41,8. Finally have a complaint about the car. Seems the doors don't seal out the dust as well as they should. Living on a dirt road provides plenty of dust when you have a week or so without rain. Will have to clean the interior soon. Back seat is getting real dusty.

Just a quick update. My lifetime average is now 42.2 MPG and since my last oil change I'm averaging 45.0. The car goes in tomorrow for two recalls, one for a fuel issue and one to update the computer. Runs great and I'm very happy with the fuel mileage. Approximately 21000 miles on the vehicle.

Well I know it has been a long time since I was here but here is where I'm at now. Current lifetime average 41.6 MPG. 35951 miles on the car. It has developed a bad rattle in the passenger rear. The dealer thinks the rear shock has failed. They ordered the shock and it came in but the other parts to attach it are on permanent back order. So I'm still driving it even though it sometimes sounds like the right rear is going to fall off. Stopped in the other day and he can't get a delivery date on the remaining parts. He thinks it may be a wide spread problem. because the parts should be readily available. We had an absolutely terrible winter with cold as low as thirty below zero. On those bitter cold days I would get about 32 miles per gallon on the way to work. Last Thursday it was nice and I got around 52mpg. So I'm thinking my lifetime average should start climbing again.

Keep us updated on the rattle, in fact start a thread on it. Mine has had a clunk in the rear all winter that stopped when the temps warmed up. It make some awful squeaks at one point, that went away when more weight was added to the car as another passenger.

Well I know it has been a long time since I was here but here is where I'm at now. Current lifetime average 41.6 MPG. 35951 miles on the car. It has developed a bad rattle in the passenger rear. The dealer thinks the rear shock has failed. They ordered the shock and it came in but the other parts to attach it are on permanent back order. ...

Let me see how I can help you, Allegany. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into these backordered parts for you.

Ashley

acdii, mine was hard to locate because when I would have two people in the car the rattle would almost disappear. When its just the driver it sometimes clunks real loud. How do I PM Ashley?

acdii, mine was hard to locate because when I would have two people in the car the rattle would almost disappear. When its just the driver it sometimes clunks real loud. How do I PM Ashley?

Click on her username and then click "send me a message".