Allegany

New Hybrid

Agreed! I was hoping it was me smoking crack, but my test drive today in 55* temps proved, it aint me, its dis car. It's too bad Ford is telling me otherwise, oh how I wish it would throw some codes again! :(

With a dealer maintenance rep, take the 2010 and 2013 out to a straight rural road and mark how far each one coasts to a stop from a given speed.

I will have to find another dealer to do that, mine has had enough with me on this. But you gave me an idea for next weekend. Going to find a nice stretch and do just that, recording it with my video cam.

Make sure the wind and temperatures are the same and the HVB is close to average SOC so the programmed drag will be nominal. Pick a roadside throttle off point and make sure the speeds are as exact as you can make them ( maybe you could drive both cars side by side for a speed match ).. A GPS can get you within 1 mph. I'd try several speeds, one below 47 mph and one above 62 and maybe one between. Measure the distance and differences from a Google Earth view if you can find a road with many well defined distances visible on Google Earth. Google Earth distances can be measured to about a foot accuracy. Alternately, the accuracy of the total distance is not too critical and if the difference is significant, you can pace the distance and calibrate your pace.

Edited by lolder

I think I have the perfect spot picked out, its not far from the house, and is fairly level with a good distance between the stop sign ahead sign and the stop sign. I will need to find another stretch though that is fairly flat and not heavily traveled so that I can do the coast down test.

Truly excellent ideas. This should help you gather evidence of the defective nature of your 13 that Ford cannot deny.

You might also want to borrow (i.e. test drive) another 13 from a dealer to compare its coasting on the exact same stretch of road

This is what I was trying to do, but the only dealer by me has no FFH(actually my dealer). I was going to contact the EV certified dealer today, but havent had a chance to yet. That incident with the battery level dropping 50% in under 4 10ths of a mile while using ICE sure got my attention.

Under battery charging, the 75% thread. Too many been there done that on rehash.

I would love to see some warmer weather. Spring is now 1/3 over and the temperature was below freezing when I got up this morning.

I'm 35 miles north of Philadelphia, PA.

Same here. Was supposed to be 65 today, well that changed, again, may hit 50, but now there is more rain for the next 3 days, just what I needed, still cant get all the water out of my basement, just when I think its receded, I go down in the morning and its all back. :banghead:

Hello everyone,

I pre ordered my 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium a month ago preferring over SE trim b'coz of few distinctive features & options such as
  • Dual Integrated Exhaust,
  • Sony Audio,
  • Remote start,
  • Push button start/stop etc.
I saw a 2013 hybrid titanium last week & noticed NO Dual exhaust on those. Its kinda disappointing to have it on non hybrid fusion titanium trims & not on Hybrids.
Also NO wheel options on Hybrid Titanium. Its weird the lower trim models like SE has the options to choose or upgrade the wheels but not the higher trim Hybrid Titanium.
Really hope & wish they would include in 2014 hybrid titanium models.
Thanks

Well I just thought I'd give another update. the Lifetime average is now 41.0. I have 14178+ miles and 5925+ electric vehicle miles.Lifetime average is slowly climbing. Just got 47.7 coming back from Olean. Got 53.2 going. Very pleased with the car so far. Love the mileage.

Yours is the one that had the snow tires on, correct? (might be thinking of someone else) Either way, those were impressive numbers with snow rubbers.

When I got the first FFH, it had the 18" luxury wheels, and I thought they were the problem, but not anymore, I have the same tires on this new one, and everything is great. I'll bet though the 17" Michelins will get slightly better mileage though than the goodyears, but there is probably a good chance the GY tires have better traction and handling. I will take that for a 1-2MPG penalty!

So if concerned when buying the FFH with the 18" wheels, dont be, they are decent tires.

Lost the extended warranty on it due to bank communication issues. Without the warranty, I didnt want to take a chance of an issue over the next 4 years. With the new one(which is the one I had ordered in April), I have a 125K mile 5 year ESP on it, and I really missed driving the 13 over the 10.

There is a time for everything to happen, a day after I got the new car, my old one got rear ended in a 5 car pileup. Had that happened while we still had it, it would have been a bad thing. If for some unknown(and better not) reason this new one gets totaled, I have Gap insurance on it. Covered all bases for the next 10 years that I plan to keep this car.