Ric

Daytime Running lights?

I've been following this topic here since taking delivery of my 2014 FFHSE on December 24, 2013. Early on I asked the service manager at Jim Wilson Motors in Yreka, CA if the DRLs could be activated. The now-familiar check of the computer yielded the standard, "Sorry, no, since it was not a fleet order."

Silver Bullet finally has daytime running lights!
Recently I took the car in for its 30,000 mile service armed with five pages of copies of various posts from this thread, starting with GrySqrl's now famous No. 57, and asked a new service writer, Cody,to look into it. When I picked the car up following the oil change, he said that it looked as though the ambient light sensor for the automatic headlights (a feature we'd never tried using) didn't seem to be working, so we made an appointment for a warranty check on that. A two-hour session the following week confirmed a faulty sensor and one was placed on order. I told my wife that I didn't give better than 1 in 10 odds of our getting DRLs out of this exercise, but I was wrong! Sure enough, after about a one-hour appointment Cody presented me with car with functioning automatic headlights AND daytime running lights. With the headlight switch in Automatic in daylight conditions with ignition on and gear selector in anything but park, low beams are on at 80% power! Cody confided that he assigned the job to tech "JR", because "JR" doesn't like to accept "it can't be done". No charge -- part of warranty on defective sensor.
I'm grateful to this fine Forum and lucky to have a very small local Ford dealer with people who care!

Edited by GrySql
member request

Waldo, you're right! I just had to go out and prove it to myself. I wonder if I'll ever begin to understand this wonderful little vehicle and how to operate it! Thanks!