Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Daytime Running lights?

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#481 OFFLINE   jpohlman

jpohlman

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

For anyone wanting this done it cab be done in IDS v96 and above under Programmable Features on the very first screen (the tech doesn't even have to open module programming).

This is the same place that they enable Remote Start so that it shows up on and your cluster as well as courtesy wipe and AutoStart disable (if you have a 1.6L with this option).

• GrySql likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#482 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

Out of curiosity, why is it such a hassle stateside to get DRLs enabled on Fords? I know at least some brands like Toyota/Lexus in the states just turn on the DRLs if equipped and let the owner turn them off if he doesn't like them.

In many countries including Canada DRLs are mandated by law and statistics suggest they do reduce accidents. Plus on newer cars that use LED strips for DRLs (including the Mondeo aka the Fusion's European twin) the effect looks wicked cool!

Anyway, with the currency exchange rate, prospective Fusion owners stateside might want to look to Canada for their purchase - especially if they really want DRLs (if buying a used 13/14, DRLs will be fully enabled by law obviously) :P News reports are showing a huge surge in the number of Americans, especially owners of wholesale dealers, crossing north to buy used Canadian cars.

Edited by machoman1337, 11 December 2015 - 03:36 PM.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#483 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

Out of curiosity, why is it such a hassle stateside to get DRLs enabled on Fords? I know at least some brands like Toyota/Lexus in the states just turn on the DRLs if equipped and let the owner turn them off if he doesn't like them.

Starting with 2015 this is the way the FFH works too. No idea why Ford was so stubborn about this.

Edited by hybridbear, 12 December 2015 - 09:33 AM.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#484 OFFLINE   Mackx534

Mackx534

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

I just wanted to relate my experience in getting my 2014 DRLs turned on.  I went to the dealer where I purchased the car they said no problem to turn on the DRLs. I waited for 2 hours only to have the service manger come out and tell me my car does not have driving lights and that they are physically not installed in the vehicle. He then shows me the build sheet for my car which has 2 items circled.  

JBCAA - LESS DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

JBWAA - LESS LIGHTING PACKAGES.

He says that means my car was built without the DRLs.  I have looked at other 2014 fusions that have the DRLs enabled and the head lamps look identical and I count the same number of light bulbs.  So could my car have been built without  DRLs or is the Dealer wrong?

284508.png

#485 OFFLINE   milleron

milleron

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 314 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH Titanium

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

I just wanted to relate my experience in getting my 2014 DRLs turned on.  I went to the dealer where I purchased the car they said no problem to turn on the DRLs. I waited for 2 hours only to have the service manger come out and tell me my car does not have driving lights and that they are physically not installed in the vehicle. He then shows me the build sheet for my car which has 2 items circled.  

He says that means my car was built without the DRLs.  I have looked at other 2014 fusions that have the DRLs enabled and the head lamps look identical and I count the same number of light bulbs.  So could my car have been built without  DRLs or is the Dealer wrong?

Your car has the running "lamps," as they're the low-beam headlamps that are probably run at a somewhat reduced voltage when used as DRLs. The build sheet may mean that you do not have daytime running lamps that can be enabled/disabled by the owner. There may still be a way to turn them on through the computer the dealers attach in order to reprogram modules.

I experienced the report you received (sans the reference to the "build sheet") multiple times from my dealer. In desperation, I took the car to a Lincoln dealer who also said no problem and got the DRLs turned on with the car out the door in ten minutes. It can be an arcane process; it's a task that some service departments accomplish without batting an eye while others remained uninformed about it for years because Ford corporate intentionally tries to prevent dealers from gaining knowledge of the process. 

Try another dealer. Like I said, with my 2013, the Lincoln dealer handled my request almost instantly after the Ford dealer had totally dropped the ball on no less than three attempts.

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Manufactured:  April 9;  Delivered:  April 25

#486 OFFLINE   Mackx534

Mackx534

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:41 PM

Unfortunately my Dealer is a Ford Lincoln dealer so no help there.  I guess I need to find another dealer in CT or Western MA that has actually enabled the DRLs on a 2014 Fusion HyTi. They were so confident in themselves about this I would love to be able to go back to my dealer with the DRLs enabled. 

284508.png

#487 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 507 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

On your headlight switch is there an "Auto" setting?  If so, set the switch to that and see what happens.  My '15 has this and when in Park there is no illumination ... but put it in any gear position and I have DRL - low beams at about 60% power.  Taillights wil not be lit however.  Test it when in close range to a garage door ... or have someone simply stand where they can see if they come on.

Leaving the headlight switch at this setting will automatically turn on the headlights (to full power) AND taillights when the ambient outside light is at a low level.  Sensor is that bubble thing in the dash center near the windshield base.

Edited by Cobra348, 28 June 2016 - 03:07 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#488 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

The Dealer is wrong.

#489 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

On your headlight switch is there an "Auto" setting?  If so, set the switch to that and see what happens.  My '15 has this and when in Park there is no illumination ... but put it in any gear position and I have DRL - low beams at about 60% power.  Taillights wil not be lit however.

Leaving the headlight switch at this setting will automatically turn on the headlights (to full power) AND taillights when the ambient outside light is at a low level.  Sensor is that bubble thing in the dash center near the windshield base.

That works for 2015s, not for 2013 or 2014s.

#490 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 507 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

That's why I asked.  I have no knowledge of years prior to '15.  Also I figured if he had a FFH HyTi, then perhaps the Titanium trim would have it.  Hell, Even my '12 Fiesta had this setting as did the '14s I had too!

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·