Ric

Daytime Running lights?

Thanks GrySql for testing this for us. Please let us know how to coach our dealer into turning them on. I've always felt that the potential safety benefit of DRL offset the small energy cost.

Some insurance companies consider DRLs a safety feature and offer discounts for cars so equipped. My service manager just checked and says it's not available on the 2013 Fusion Titanium Hybrid...

I just shot my dealer an email to see if it can be turned on in the HyTi.

I emailed my dealer and they are INGOOOOOOORING me. Funny how when I was looking for a Fusion I got emails left and right in matter of minutes.

Well crud. Took my Z to my Ford dealer to pick up some parts I had on order, and mentioned in passing about the DRLs. A few minutes later a tech was out in my Z plugged in and going to town. He found where to enable/disable the DRLs, but could not figure out how to actually ENABLE them! NOOOO! We will try again when I take it in for failing the VHR driver assist/restraint system.

Just found this posted elsewhere:

I just had my DRL's activated on my 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium at my local Lincoln dealer. It took less then 5 minutes from start to finish. All that was done was a laptop was hooked up to the data port then from there they were turned on. The DRL's are about one third the normal brightness of the headlights. They come on automatically when the car is placed in gear.

If anyone wants this done they can contact Alan Rains at Witt Lincoln
(619) 358-5079
alan.rains@wittlincoln.com
588 Camino Del Rio North
San Diego, CA 92108
They will charge $59.00 to perform this service

"They will charge $59.00 to perform this service"

$59.00 to perform this service? Service? How about rip off! I was not charged anything for the first attempt. Won't be charged anything for the next attempt either. I love my Ford dealer. They don't charge customers to enable something that should have been enabled at the factory. ;)

Edited by SteveB_TX

I don't like the idea of shortening the life of my normal headlamps to get daytime running lights and have a pair of LED light strips that will give a really cool effect. Before I install them, however, I'm looking for advice as to how/where I should wire them in to the electrical system? I suspect the easiest way to wire them in is to just have them come on when the car is running. Looking at fuses section of the owners manual (starts at page 239), I suspect the easiest/safest place to wire them in would be on the interior fuse panel (pg 246) into one of the spare fuse slots (e.g slot 4).

Could someone provide advices/insight where the best spot to wire in the LED strips would be? I won't be doing it myself, but given the FFH is a totally different electrical beast than a standard car, I want to come armed with knowledge when I'm talking with the person who will be installing them.

Of course I'll post photos once the lights are installed. :camera:

First step is confirming this can be done on 2013 Titanium Hybrid.

Yes it can, mine are on. No charge either.

I'm assuming you don't have a fleet vehicle? Pls. post contact info at your dealer familiar with the process or documentation I can give service manager. He says it can't be done. Thx!

The Tech notes I posted here helped show another member's Service Dept how to do it.

So you don't have to go to the link, this is what was listed on my Service receipt.

DRL software location:

Body Control Module>Day Light Running Lamps>program Module>Re-test.

I gave this to my dealer too, whether he needed it or not didn't matter. Just the fact that I knew where to find it meant they cant tell me it couldn't be done. Then again, my dealer has been very good to me, and if they say can't be done, it usually cant be done.