Welcome to the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post photos. . .more

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Fusion Delays

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 11-June 09
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium x 2
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

I may have the record for this forum: ordered SIX months ago on June 14. Finally got told it was scheduled for production the "first week of November." Now, as of Dec 7th, my dealer can tell me nothing more.

OK, I'll bite. Do you have a VIN? Have you checked the VIN in Etis on your own to see if the car has actually been built, and when? Have you asked your dealer to run a "Vehicle Visibility Report" for you? If the individual salesman is unfamiliar with that term, ask to talk to the sales manager and that person should be familiar with it.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Ruby Red   2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

256475.png 204627.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,509 posts
  • Joined 22-December 09
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well, if you think you would be happy with a lessor vehicle like a *cough* Camry *cough*, go for it. Aside from not getting the EPA Ford promises, I really like the car. I'm pretty sure the correct tires will solve the EPA issue though, but thats more money spent, that 7 MPG wont cover, so just going to keep bitching at Ford instead.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

208915.png313666.png273963.png

https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#43 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 11-June 09

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Well, if you think you would be happy with a lessor vehicle like a *cough* Camry *cough*, go for it. Aside from not getting the EPA Ford promises, I really like the car. I'm pretty sure the correct tires will solve the EPA issue though, but thats more money spent, that 7 MPG wont cover, so just going to keep bitching at Ford instead.

When I first joined the Fusion forum in 2009 before getting my 2010, I don't remember seeing a lot of complaints about the MPG, but then again it was June/July and while hot weather will harm MPG it doesn't seem to slam it as much as the cold weather. By the time winter came around there were a few that joined to ask what was going on with their MPG or maybe had joined and seen recent threads about "hey my MPG seems to be dropping"... so I think it's normal, still wonder if the new type of HV battery is more moody with the cold, guess we will see in the Spring if people then mention how much their MPG has improved?

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Ruby Red   2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

256475.png 204627.png

#44 OFFLINE   neevers1

neevers1

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 03-November 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

When I first joined the Fusion forum in 2009 before getting my 2010, I don't remember seeing a lot of complaints about the MPG, but then again it was June/July and while hot weather will harm MPG it doesn't seem to slam it as much as the cold weather. By the time winter came around there were a few that joined to ask what was going on with their MPG or maybe had joined and seen recent threads about "hey my MPG seems to be dropping"... so I think it's normal, still wonder if the new type of HV battery is more moody with the cold, guess we will see in the Spring if people then mention how much their MPG has improved?

I don't think it's the battery that affects the mpg in the colder weather, it's the fact that the ICE has to run just to heat the cabin, alternatively the AC compressor is electric, so the ICE doesn't have to run just to run the AC. On top of that any car will get worse MPG when it is cold, winter fuel, and just the fact that metal contracts when its cold will effect the mpg, with a hybrid it's just amplified because the ice motor isn't supposed to run all the time. People with regular cars don't notice because they aren't watching their MPG like a hawk. The only mistake Ford made was releasing this car in the winter.

#45 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,509 posts
  • Joined 22-December 09

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Temps last week were PERFECT for hybrid driving, so if I were to see high MPG, that would have been the time. Especially since I got 44 in the other car, going uphill. I think its a combination of being new, not having the correct tires, and the cooler weather/winter blend gas.

#46 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 730 posts
  • Joined 24-October 12
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I ordered my FFH from my local dealer on Sept 9. When I found that another dealer had the exact same car the first week in Nov, I jumped at the opportunity. My local dealer called yesterday and said the Fusion I order (my car's twin) just arrived.

#47 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 26-July 12
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Ordered back in Oct... was processing for several weeks, then was supposed to be built on the 10th of Dec... now pushed to the 19th... meanwhile the downpayment is growing....
  • hybridbear likes this

'13 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ordered 10-26-12 Picked up 1-10-13
Luxury, Moon, Navi, Driver Assist, Rev Sense
Ingot Silver, Black Leather

Current Favorite Feature- Lane keep assist
First full tank MPG- over 53!!!

#48 OFFLINE   Kaleido

Kaleido

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I ordered mine 11/19/12 and then I read all these long waiting stories! Yikes! But the good news is I called Ford and they checked my vin number and called me back the next day to say my car will be delivered to my dealer 12/24/12. Wow, that's not bad at all. Now....I hope it's true.
Black, Luxury package, Moon roof, Rear view video, Tech/myford package.

#49 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 26-July 12
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I ordered mine 11/19/12 and then I read all these long waiting stories! Yikes! But the good news is I called Ford and they checked my vin number and called me back the next day to say my car will be delivered to my dealer 12/24/12. Wow, that's not bad at all. Now....I hope it's true.
Black, Luxury package, Moon roof, Rear view video, Tech/myford package.

If that is true... THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

#50 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 730 posts
  • Joined 24-October 12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

The twin to my FFH that I had ordered from my local dealer sold within 24 hours, so I no longer have any guilt about getting mine from somewhere else.

#51 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 11-June 09

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

The twin to my FFH that I had ordered from my local dealer sold within 24 hours, so I no longer have any guilt about getting mine from somewhere else.

I think that's also what Elle said, that hers was sold before it arrived, or maybe as soon as it arrive and the PDI was done, off it went.

256475.png 204627.png

#52 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 26-July 12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

So wait... You lost the twin???

You still have the original on order, right?

#53 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 730 posts
  • Joined 24-October 12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

On Nov 8, I picked up the twin to the one I ordered in Sept from a dealer 210 miles away after my local dealer said mine wouldn't be on their lot until mid-Dec. I felt guilty about backing out on the one I ordered, but the dealer understood. I was very confident the local dealer wouldn't have it on their lot for long, and that's the way it worked out.

#54 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 06-November 12
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I ordered my Fusion Hybrid 5 Nov. Had a VIN on 26 Nov. Built 3 Dec. Picked up yesterday, 19 Dec. Quite quick since dealer said could take from 8 to 12 weeks.
  • hybridbear likes this

#55 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 11-June 09

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I ordered my Fusion Hybrid 5 Nov. Had a VIN on 26 Nov. Built 3 Dec. Picked up yesterday, 19 Dec. Quite quick since dealer said could take from 8 to 12 weeks.

It feels like Space Mountain and you just cut in line, I guess you got lucky as my original order was placed on Oct 10th and has been produced last week but still not shipped. And there are several on here that have waited a lot longer that that.

What color & options did you order?

256475.png 204627.png

#56 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 26-July 12

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

It feels like Space Mountain and you just cut in line, I guess you got lucky as my original order was placed on Oct 10th and has been produced last week but still not shipped. And there are several on here that have waited a lot longer that that.

What color & options did you order?

Mr Robinson... :waiting:

When did you get your "fastpass"????
  • jeff_h likes this

#57 OFFLINE   mcalli27

mcalli27

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 14-January 13
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I ordered my Fusion back in July/August and I too have a VIN for my completed car (13' Ford Fusion Hybrid). The delivery date was originally Nov 28th and I too am having problems with getting the car. I've been told a few different stories as to why. My car was ordered through the overseas military new car sales, they just keep telling me that the car is "awaiting inspection" at the factory and Ford has not released it yet. Last I knew the car was either leaving Mexico or was sitting at Flat Rock, Michigan "awaiting inspection". Almost two months later.... still nothing...

(I ordered my Fusion on August 26 - I was told the build date was Oct 23. I have the VIn Number and even a copy of the window sticker. Every week I"m told to come back for an update, and every week I was told to try next week. I wish Ford was a little more vocal and open about these delays. Not that I'm an impatient person, but I've been renting a car since August, and this inability to give any time of reasonable updates is not only unfair, but expensive. The even more frustrating part is that the dealership down the street from my office has these cars - in stock - just about the same as the one I special ordered.

What's keeping me from walking down the street and driving home a new car today!?!?)
----------------------

I placed my order in September with my local dealer and was told last week they wouldn't have it until the middle of December. The same day a dealer 210 miles away said I could pick up a Hybrid with the exact same options. My local dealer understood completely when I called them back to cancel (which was hard for me to do). If you can get the car you want, do it now!

----------------------------
"There are 20,000 vehicles involved with various problems most of them are bumper parts and door hinges. Rather than release them and do recalls, Ford has shipped 10,000 of them to Dearborn and keeping 10,000 in Hermosillo to take care of the problems. Our rep said they are releasing them at a rate of 1,000 per week. The update on Saturday shows that yours is still in Hermosillo. That is the extent of our knowledge about the situation. I wish we knew more but we don’t."

Yesterday, I noticed two areas where the build quality wasn't 100%: the top left corner of my driver's door is recessed about 1/8" from where it should be and the bottom part of the left front bumper doesn't match up exactly with the upper part at the wheel well. It sticks out about 1/8". Both are things you really have to look at to notice and they may be the issues the above e-mail is addressing. I'm going to live with them without complaint.

#58 OFFLINE   Fynack

Fynack

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

My original Fusion Hybrid left Mexico twice to then be sent back. Its still there as far as i know, lucky the dealership was able to snag one from another dealership. Love the car but the MPGs not so much. Its too distracting and annoying to driving like this and not meet epa estimates.

#59 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,509 posts
  • Joined 22-December 09

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

What have the temps been for you?

#60 OFFLINE   Barsoom

Barsoom

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 10-January 13

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi. New here. Signed up last week.

Ordered mine in late August. It was put on parts hold until October (remote start option). Got a VIN in October for a build in early November and shipment to dealer in late November. Built on schedule but was told that Hurricane Sandy caused a railcar shortage as Ford diverted rail cars to replace those damaged in the storm. Car was then sent off-site for QA and returned, and then sat through Christmas. Was told last week that it was sent to body shop (they thought for the install of the remote start) and returned. Now I'm told that it's waiting for a rail car.

We'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·