B25Nut

2013 Fusion Delays

I may have the record for this forum: ordered SIX months ago on June 14. Finally got told it was scheduled for production the "first week of November." Now, as of Dec 7th, my dealer can tell me nothing more.

OK, I'll bite. Do you have a VIN? Have you checked the VIN in Etis on your own to see if the car has actually been built, and when? Have you asked your dealer to run a "Vehicle Visibility Report" for you? If the individual salesman is unfamiliar with that term, ask to talk to the sales manager and that person should be familiar with it.

Well, if you think you would be happy with a lessor vehicle like a *cough* Camry *cough*, go for it. Aside from not getting the EPA Ford promises, I really like the car. I'm pretty sure the correct tires will solve the EPA issue though, but thats more money spent, that 7 MPG wont cover, so just going to keep bitching at Ford instead.

Well, if you think you would be happy with a lessor vehicle like a *cough* Camry *cough*, go for it. Aside from not getting the EPA Ford promises, I really like the car. I'm pretty sure the correct tires will solve the EPA issue though, but thats more money spent, that 7 MPG wont cover, so just going to keep bitching at Ford instead.

When I first joined the Fusion forum in 2009 before getting my 2010, I don't remember seeing a lot of complaints about the MPG, but then again it was June/July and while hot weather will harm MPG it doesn't seem to slam it as much as the cold weather. By the time winter came around there were a few that joined to ask what was going on with their MPG or maybe had joined and seen recent threads about "hey my MPG seems to be dropping"... so I think it's normal, still wonder if the new type of HV battery is more moody with the cold, guess we will see in the Spring if people then mention how much their MPG has improved?

Temps last week were PERFECT for hybrid driving, so if I were to see high MPG, that would have been the time. Especially since I got 44 in the other car, going uphill. I think its a combination of being new, not having the correct tires, and the cooler weather/winter blend gas.