pixelwiz

2013 C-Max vs Fusion Hybrid vs BMW X1

Make sure you are looking at the 2013 Fusion when considering the trunk, the 2010-2012 models had little trunk space due to the HV battery taking up so much room. However in the 2013 model the engineers have set the HV battery a bit lower and were able to get a bit shelf-type (for lack of a better term) storage above where the battery sits, and now the back seats will fold down on the hybrid too. See the attached pics. it's still not a huge amount of room but is better than the previous years.

You called it on the C-max. Practical. That's the sum of that car. Its a good vehicle, but if you want bling, the Fusion is a much better choice. I test drove both on the same day, so the drive is fresh in my mind when I drive the other. The only thing that kept me from buying the Cmax was how the center console pressed against my leg while driving. The Fusion has more room for the driver and front passenger, but a touch less in the back. My final decision came down to comfort, the more expensive Fusion won out over the more practical C-max. The one other deciding factor, which really didn't play a part in my decision, it looks and feels like a minivan.

I'll bet the Fusion in Impact Blue will be a better looking car too.