Sign in to follow this  
Scott029

2013 Fusion Hybrid ordered!

The lifetime MPG can be reset at any time. You can also activate the option of having all the driving information displayed for each trip (between starting and stopping the motor). It appears in the left side display for a few seconds after you turn the key off. My trip from work to home last night got 40.3 mpg, but this morning the return trip was only 33.8. Maybe it's the temperature difference. A one mile drive later in the morning used gas for only a few seconds and registered 66.8 mpg. My lifetime MPG is now at 34.6 with 662 miles on it after six days. Driving over 65 is not good for the mpg, but I can't help it. I don't like being passed by dozens of cars. Having the Fusion Hybrid will probably reduce my average hwy speed from 75 to 70 mph. I just feel better now driving a little slower. If no one is behind me, I now accelerate less aggressively in city driving.

I deactivated the Green Leaves. The Engage option on the left side display gives you all the info you need on efficient driving. I now have the Entertainment option on the right side display to give me the info on what's playing on SiriusXM (which I am now hooked on and will extend after the six months free is over). I've selected the options for Easy Entry & Exit for the driver's seat which I feel is a must. It's much easier to get in and out of now. I deactivated the Autolock feature and set the key to unlock all doors on the first push of the button. I also set the headlights to not stay on when you open the door when they are set on Autolamp. It's not necessary. When you unlock the car or open the door to get out, almost the entire ground around the car is illuminated by lights in the bottom of the rear view mirrors and dimmed head and tail lights. I was very happy to see this since the Nissan Altima (which was #3 on my car list) had the option of underbody lights that I really wanted.

I feel the Moonroof is worth it since it comes with the HomeLink for the garage doors. Luxury wheels are also worth the cost. I think they look great and are the icing on the cake of good looks. I haven't had the need to use Navigation yet but it appears easy. The Luxury Package provided the power passenger seat my wife really wanted. Combined with the Technology Package, the interior is just about perfect. I grew accustomed to memory seats and mirrors in my Pacifica and they are part of these packages.

The Fusion's three mirrors give overlapping coverage that eliminate any blind spots. I don't see any reason to pay extra for the Driver Assist options. The rear view camera gives an amazingly wide view, which can be zoomed. The Cruise Control is very smooth and easy in its operation. So far, all voice commands have been followed for other functions.

The only way I could feel happier with a car is if I spent $25,000+ more on a luxury brand. But then, I would be feeling guilty for buying something I really couldn't afford in these uncertain times. And I would be spending more on gas. So I guess I really couldn't be happier, period.

My only issue I have right now is the tilt feature of the Moonroof. It has a bounce-back feature that reopens it if feels something may be blocking it while closing. This must be set too sensitive since it appears the rubber seals around the glass offer just enough resistance as the roof closes to activate the bounce-back. Holding pressure on the close button after the roof tries to open again usually overrides the safety feature. I'm going to look closer at the rubber seals this weekend to see if I can prevent this from happening. It's a minor inconvenience.

Dealer told me today that build is set to Day ( Dec 03 '12) so bright and early monday. Less than three weeks now. Has anyone figured the 'normal' transport time? Happily I'm quite near Mexico.

TerryB

Dealer told me today that build is set to Day ( Dec 03 '12) so bright and early monday. Less than three weeks now. Has anyone figured the 'normal' transport time? Happily I'm quite near Mexico.

Did the dealer say set to "day" of Dec 3rd or set to "week" of Dec 3rd? Once it gets built and provided it gets onto a rail car within a day or two, my guess is that a couple weeks (maybe a little less?) would be the timeframe. Of course there may still be a glut of vehicles sitting there waiting to get into transport, so hopefully that doesn't get in the way of yours hitting the rails.

Did the dealer say set to "day" of Dec 3rd or set to "week" of Dec 3rd? Once it gets built and provided it gets onto a rail car within a day or two, my guess is that a couple weeks (maybe a little less?) would be the timeframe. Of course there may still be a glut of vehicles sitting there waiting to get into transport, so hopefully that doesn't get in the way of yours hitting the rails.

For sure "to Day" got "set to week" last week on the 9th.

Maybe Santa will show up a few days early. ;-)

I found a lacey evergreen leaf on my backseat floor last night. It must have been up in the Moonroof and was causing my problem since the system works perfectly now. I also discovered something last night that makes me feel a little stupid. The owner's manual says for fueling to "open the fuel filler door". I've only had to open it twice, but each time I was using my fingernail in the gap around the door to pull it open. Each time I thought "this sure is a lousy design". Last night I was reading the Quick Referance Manual and it says to "push" on the door to open it, like on some cabinet doors. It sure opens a lot easier now.

Hi Everybody!!

Have had my '13 Fusion Hybrid for 7 days now, Platinum White and Loaded with everything.

Love the car. Still figuring out how to get best mileage....slowly creeping up but after 6 days

of driving on the first tank of gas, I'm averaging 28.0 MPG and thats 90% city driving so far,

not thrilled with that as I've been driving fairly conservative. Hoping it improves. IF any one

has some tips or whatever, please feel free to let me know how you are getting better MPGs.

Happy driving,

Steve

Hey Steve, congrats to you and welcome to the forums!!! You really have me worried though about the gas mileage.. I'm banking on at least 40 mpg... let me know how the learning curve goes...

The lifetime MPG can be reset at any time. You can also activate the option of having all the driving information displayed for each trip (between starting and stopping the motor). It appears in the left side display for a few seconds after you turn the key off. My trip from work to home last night got 40.3 mpg, but this morning the return trip was only 33.8. Maybe it's the temperature difference. A one mile drive later in the morning used gas for only a few seconds and registered 66.8 mpg. My lifetime MPG is now at 34.6 with 662 miles on it after six days. Driving over 65 is not good for the mpg, but I can't help it. I don't like being passed by dozens of cars. Having the Fusion Hybrid will probably reduce my average hwy speed from 75 to 70 mph. I just feel better now driving a little slower. If no one is behind me, I now accelerate less aggressively in city driving.

I deactivated the Green Leaves. The Engage option on the left side display gives you all the info you need on efficient driving. I now have the Entertainment option on the right side display to give me the info on what's playing on SiriusXM (which I am now hooked on and will extend after the six months free is over). I've selected the options for Easy Entry & Exit for the driver's seat which I feel is a must. It's much easier to get in and out of now. I deactivated the Autolock feature and set the key to unlock all doors on the first push of the button. I also set the headlights to not stay on when you open the door when they are set on Autolamp. It's not necessary. When you unlock the car or open the door to get out, almost the entire ground around the car is illuminated by lights in the bottom of the rear view mirrors and dimmed head and tail lights. I was very happy to see this since the Nissan Altima (which was #3 on my car list) had the option of underbody lights that I really wanted.

I feel the Moonroof is worth it since it comes with the HomeLink for the garage doors. Luxury wheels are also worth the cost. I think they look great and are the icing on the cake of good looks. I haven't had the need to use Navigation yet but it appears easy. The Luxury Package provided the power passenger seat my wife really wanted. Combined with the Technology Package, the interior is just about perfect. I grew accustomed to memory seats and mirrors in my Pacifica and they are part of these packages.

The Fusion's three mirrors give overlapping coverage that eliminate any blind spots. I don't see any reason to pay extra for the Driver Assist options. The rear view camera gives an amazingly wide view, which can be zoomed. The Cruise Control is very smooth and easy in its operation. So far, all voice commands have been followed for other functions.

The only way I could feel happier with a car is if I spent $25,000+ more on a luxury brand. But then, I would be feeling guilty for buying something I really couldn't afford in these uncertain times. And I would be spending more on gas. So I guess I really couldn't be happier, period.

My only issue I have right now is the tilt feature of the Moonroof. It has a bounce-back feature that reopens it if feels something may be blocking it while closing. This must be set too sensitive since it appears the rubber seals around the glass offer just enough resistance as the roof closes to activate the bounce-back. Holding pressure on the close button after the roof tries to open again usually overrides the safety feature. I'm going to look closer at the rubber seals this weekend to see if I can prevent this from happening. It's a minor inconvenience.

Thanks for all the info, B.

TerryB

Congrats to you, Terry... I'm expecting the worst.. either late January or perhaps even February here.

I found a lacey evergreen leaf on my backseat floor last night. It must have been up in the Moonroof and was causing my problem since the system works perfectly now. I also discovered something last night that makes me feel a little stupid. The owner's manual says for fueling to "open the fuel filler door". I've only had to open it twice, but each time I was using my fingernail in the gap around the door to pull it open. Each time I thought "this sure is a lousy design". Last night I was reading the Quick Referance Manual and it says to "push" on the door to open it, like on some cabinet doors. It sure opens a lot easier now.

:hysterical2: Too funny B!!!! I only laugh because that is so just like me!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

I looked at one and noticed that change in the door design. I like it better than the previous design opener.

I'm glad I discovered and understood it in a private moment, insteaad of having to ask embarrising questions.

TerryB

I just took the time to do a city test. Some stop and go and speeds of 30-40 mph. I went a total of 9.7 miles that included retracing my path so that climbs and descents balanced out. I am now a true believer.......53.2 mpg. When I ended the battery still had 2/3 of its charge.

I am amazed by the brakes. You should find that you will make your smoothest stops ever. The only thing I'm missing is the Ambient Lighting. Please Ford, make this available in the non-Titanium Fusions.

Got Lucky on the '13 Fusion Hybrid waiting game!! I had been researching since summer and played the "Build your own" at the Ford website which at the summary links to local dealerships and, as it turns out, all the upcoming orders and their window stickers...Found 2 loaded models at 2 different dealers, but really just wanted to test the drive and "fit" (I'm 6'5", 300+) and possibly order one to my spec's..Did an early test in a SE base model in Sept. but decided to call around to check on ETA's of hybrids...The dealer I called confirmed the web listing FFH with all the bells and whistles ($35k+ sticker) and that it happened to be due soon and available because it was a special order....cancelled because of the color?!?!? They asked if I wanted to put my name down for when it came in...well DUH...so I let the days go and checked at other dealers and received a call mid Oct...It was here and was I still interested and they had promised me first dibs...took me a day and a half till I was free of work to get there but...man was it worth it..I was unsure of the Ruby Red Mettalic (it being a newly intro'd color) not seeing it on anything else...Wow, does it pop, and with the dune interior, leather, wood trim(which I was told did not come on any Fusion's) Nav, Moonroof...etc. The lady who ordered it passed on only 2 things, Adaptive cruise and the appearance pk with 18" wheels(which don't appeal to me)...And any qualms I had about Overkill or too much quickly went POOF during my test drive...I should say that I am former owner of(in order).. 1(2010 FFH, one year, 2(2005 Honda Accord Hybrid, one month and 3(2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid, year+, Traded in here, so I have a variety of experience in Hybrid driving and quality of such...This , as expected , blows all of them away..It is smoooth, quiet..REAL quiet and true to the advertising, will give you 62 MPH EV only and push 47+ MPG in Commuter traffic..I do 46 miles a day and have averaged legs of 35-52 MPG depending on my big foot........anywho...I of course made up my mind and ran the #'s and drove it home on Oct 18th and am pretty sure I got the first FFH in KC... Turns out they had 3 other people ready to buy this car and 2 of them tried to "up the bid"..Thank God they don't work that way and there was even some incentives available to lessen the sticker sting...Check for them! And don't be afraid to ask for a little more off, they can only say no. Ultimately I got a researched FMV for this model and ammenities...Good Luck to all you waiting on yours, and to those sitting on the fence...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SITTING THERE FOR?!?!? Go get one of these and enjoy the stares and looks !!!

Congratulations MG. I sounds like your'e enjoying yours as much as I am mine. There is a special feeling that comes from driving a car that you know no one else has in your area. I look for excuses to go driving now.

Got Lucky on the '13 Fusion Hybrid waiting game!! I had been researching since summer and played the "Build your own" at the Ford website which at the summary links to local dealerships and, as it turns out, all the upcoming orders and their window stickers...Found 2 loaded models at 2 different dealers, but really just wanted to test the drive and "fit" (I'm 6'5", 300+) and possibly order one to my spec's..Did an early test in a SE base model in Sept. but decided to call around to check on ETA's of hybrids...The dealer I called confirmed the web listing FFH with all the bells and whistles ($35k+ sticker) and that it happened to be due soon and available because it was a special order....cancelled because of the color?!?!? They asked if I wanted to put my name down for when it came in...well DUH...so I let the days go and checked at other dealers and received a call mid Oct...It was here and was I still interested and they had promised me first dibs...took me a day and a half till I was free of work to get there but...man was it worth it..I was unsure of the Ruby Red Mettalic (it being a newly intro'd color) not seeing it on anything else...Wow, does it pop, and with the dune interior, leather, wood trim(which I was told did not come on any Fusion's) Nav, Moonroof...etc. The lady who ordered it passed on only 2 things, Adaptive cruise and the appearance pk with 18" wheels(which don't appeal to me)...And any qualms I had about Overkill or too much quickly went POOF during my test drive...I should say that I am former owner of(in order).. 1(2010 FFH, one year, 2(2005 Honda Accord Hybrid, one month and 3(2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid, year+, Traded in here, so I have a variety of experience in Hybrid driving and quality of such...This , as expected , blows all of them away..It is smoooth, quiet..REAL quiet and true to the advertising, will give you 62 MPH EV only and push 47+ MPG in Commuter traffic..I do 46 miles a day and have averaged legs of 35-52 MPG depending on my big foot........anywho...I of course made up my mind and ran the #'s and drove it home on Oct 18th and am pretty sure I got the first FFH in KC... Turns out they had 3 other people ready to buy this car and 2 of them tried to "up the bid"..Thank God they don't work that way and there was even some incentives available to lessen the sticker sting...Check for them! And don't be afraid to ask for a little more off, they can only say no. Ultimately I got a researched FMV for this model and ammenities...Good Luck to all you waiting on yours, and to those sitting on the fence...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SITTING THERE FOR?!?!? Go get one of these and enjoy the stares and looks !!!

Congratulations MG. I sounds like your'e enjoying yours as much as I am mine. There is a special feeling that comes from driving a car that you know no one else has in your area. I look for excuses to go driving now.

*sigh*.. someday....thanks for your story MG...

*sigh*.. someday....thanks for your story MG...

I feel for you Coach. I ordered mine 5 months before yours & I still don't have it yet!

I got one! Bought a Blue Hybrid last Friday, has the toys, park assist, lane keeping(FUN), adaptive cruise, collision avoidance, etc. This car is the best one I have ever had. I have had 3 Fusions since 2010, starting with the Sport, and the new Hybrid handles as well as the Sport did, it just doesnt have that growl and go of the Sport.

So far on the first tank still, and its slowly creeping up, its almost to 33 MPG. My other car is a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, and its getting 38-41 over 33K miles. The new one, whole new breed of car, it does not drive like the old one, the only thing Ford kept the same was the name..

Oh the rear seats FOLD DOWN! The trunk is deceiving too, it doesnt look very big, but it is. It's deep, and I surprised myself, I stuck a 1x4x4 board in there and a broom handle along with a bunch of other bags, and I know I couldnt fit the broom handle in my other car trunk. With the seats down, there is 7 feet of length.

I've owned a lot of new cars in my lifetime.....so I'm not easily impressed. But I have to say...seeing this car in person really impressed me. We picked it up last night...and it is one pretty car. I'll get some pics posted by the weekend.

I sent pictures of my Hybrid to my friends yesterday and 80% used the same word to describe it: "BEAUTIFUL!". The others said "pretty". Does a guy really want to drive a car some others call pretty? I don't mind.

Picked up my car yesterday. It's beautiful and drives great. I did not test drive a Fusion so this was my 1st time in one.

The black leather seats are very comfy, much more so than my '10 Fusion SEL seats. Finally after 6 months of waiting & obsessing

it's here, it really is here! Heres a few quick pics.

post-11121-0-23423100-1354223982_thumb.jpg

post-11121-0-95209500-1354224123_thumb.jpg

post-11121-0-67524100-1354224203_thumb.jpg

Picked up my car yesterday. It's beautiful and drives great. I did not test drive a Fusion so this was my 1st time in one.

The black leather seats are very comfy, much more so than my '10 Fusion SEL seats. Finally after 6 months of waiting & obsessing

it's here, it really is here! Heres a few quick pics.

Now you need to get that current car corrected in your signature. Mine is to be built monday.

TerryB

It's an awesome car for sure, and yes it is pretty, my second wife! LOL Heads do turn and look when they see it. My coworker damn near tackled me wanting a ride in it.

Got my window sticker yesterday and it contained a 11/28 build date.

SO, it exists!! The ETA is 12/17.

TerryB

terry where on the window sticker did you see a build date? I only can make out the date the sticker was created and the date i am pulling up the pdf. according to my dealer my build date was supposed to be 11/26 but as of the 28th it was just listed as in factory with no eta yet.