rfruth

C-MAX or Fusion hybrid ?

Will all Ford dealers carry both or since the c-max is hybrid (or PHEV) only will the c-max only be available thru Ford ' authorized EV' dealers ?

This is my guess from surfing around on Ford's website: The C-Max Hybrid can be ordered through normal dealers, however the Energi needs to be ordered through an EV-certified dealer.

My example - when I run "build & price" and go through the steps for a hybrid, the "search dealer inventory" starts with my local dealer in town (and there are 5 dealers within 30 miles)... when I build/price an Energi then go to the "search dealer inventory" the first place it lists is the closest EV-certified dealer which is 50 miles up the road, totally by-passing all the dealers who are closer to me.

And using that logic I tend to think that the Fusion Hybrid / Energi would follow the same policy.

Edited by jeff_h

I get the same thing when I build & price (c-max energi is different dealer than c-max hybrid) - asked my sales critter bout this late last month (July 2012) - he said we'll have em all later this year, not sure if he doesn't want to lose a customer or just doesn't know (I doubt that) thanks !

The answer to that is simple, the dealer has to be setup correctly to receive the Energi models so they can be charged, and serviced correctly. Some dealers are already equipped to do this, so will be the first to be able to order them, but as more dealers aquire the equipment then they will be able to order as well. They need a charging station, and at least one tech certified in EV. I got that from my dealer last night who is getting up to speed on EV so he can start ordering them.

2013 Ford C-Max EPA rated at 47 mpg: first drive gets 60 mpg (with hypermiling) :runaway:

http://www.examiner....ive-gets-60-mpg

That's pretty good. I read his review. I saw another review where the evaluator got 55 mpg without trying too hard. I have a neighbor who has one ordered, I'm eager to see how he does. I have never gotten over 45 mpg on a tank yet with my 2010 FFH, but I've been in the 40's for several months now lately. I track every tank, and my best two were 45 and 44. My total average after 65,000 miles is 39.1. I think that's pretty consistent. I sat in a C-Max and I was pleased with the headroom. If I could justify it, I'd trade in my second vehicle, a 96 Ranger, and get one, but the Ranger is very handy for hauling stuff, and I only use it for a couple hundred miles a month.