Grey

2013 Fusion Hybrid Options

I have one as part of the "Moon & Tune" package, otherwise would not have ordered it... I open it 2-3 times per year and that's it. I also hope the option is split out in the 2013 models.

The current 2012 FFH is a completely different car than the 2013. Here's an opinion on the 2012.

1. Rear seat leg room is average.

2. The moon roof alloys a cracked in-trail vent and rapid exit of heat in a parked car.

3. The Bliss is OK but the CTA is realy helpful.

4. The 2012 doesn't have park assist but the rear sensor and TV are terrific.

1. How is the leg room in the rear seats? My son is over 6 foot, and a very big boy... the back seat for the volt is a joke.. I was wondering if he will fit in this vehicle?

I also say average but would not say cramped.

2. I've never had a moon roof, would it be useful for a Louisiana boy?

I got mine as part of a larger option package, would not want to purchase it separately. However it is better than a solid sunroof as you can open it at night and have the passenger (please, not the driver) lean back and watch the stars.

3. The "bliss" system, I am intrigued.. is it really helpful, or just a pain?

There is a fast merge point on the DC beltway with a lot of cars changing lanes at the same time, and it has helped me several times and "saved" me once, so yes I think the little amber lights in the mirror is worth it.

4. How 'bout the "park assist" deal and "rear sensor".. are they worth the money, or no?

Rear sensor is good to judge how close you are as you are backing up, however the rear camera and TV screen on the dash are far better and a must-have now that I've bought a car with one.

I think the abbreviation is for Cross Traffic Alert -- when you are backing up out of a parking space, the same radar pulses that are active for BLIS are also scanning while you back up... if it senses movement such as a car approaching, people walking through parking lot headed your way, etc... you will get an audible beeping that there is movement and so you can stop and look more closely, look through the rear camera again, or any other action OTHER than continuing to back up and hit the obstacle (assuming you did stop and take another look around when the beeping went off).

I would like to see that CTA in a video, but I checked out youtube and couldn't find anything.

Really? I went to youtube and found it, search on "Ford Fusion Cross Traffic Alert Demonstration" and there are several videos there to view -- give it another try with search terms.

I'm told that the Sony audio system is not available on the SE Hybrid, the ONLY FFH there was when I preordered back in June. However, I've seen many photos labeled "2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid" that show the Sony audio unit.

If it was a pre-production model that you saw the in the picture, good chance that it was changed before they decided which specific attributes were going to be offered with which trim package.

Sure would be a lot easier if they could just hang the product brochure on the Ford.com web site, but I just checked again and it's not there. See the attached couple extract pages from the brochure, PDF file of the entire brochure was too large for me to post here, so PM me if you want me to email it to you.

Starting in Jan you can order a FFH Titanium, that is the only model that has the Sony system. The pricing, from what I heard, is the same as the AWD model, so if you want to price one, build the AWD Titanium. I did, its $500 more than my car if I leave the park assist off, which I don't need, but mine has.

The Fusion now has one touch down on all windows and vents the moon roof when you press and hold the unlock on the key fob. Pretty dang cool way to cool off the car.

Note, me jealous of Jeff above, noticed he was able to order the FFH T.

Note, me jealous of Jeff above, noticed he was able to order the FFH T.

I ordered mine on Nov 8th, and I think there are 4 other users on here and/or Blue Oval Forums that have also ordered them... if your dealer says that he/she cannot order them now (as happened to Pers69 in Florida), they are ill-informed -- January is when the builds are planned to start, but orders can be placed in advance and be in the earlier parts of the production... which some might not actually want but this is Job 2 and I hope that the random kinks have been worked out since there have been 30,000-100,000 (dunno real number, but since I've seen VINs 102xxx-193xxx I estimate 90k?) Fusions already produced in Job 1.

So if your dealer says they are not able to order, they should really call their regional rep or call for a lifeline or whatever...I think ChuckOkie36 ordered his back in mid-October.