Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

How do you get maximum regenerative braking?

braking regenerative

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   majorleeslow

majorleeslow

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 154 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

But malibu3105's issue seem closely tied to the update like mine. Sorry I might have overlooked that part.
I have a similar experience after the update and a few owners assured me that it will improve as the car learns your driving style.
231337.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   malibu3105

malibu3105

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 126 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2004 Grand Prix GTP

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well, first, my mileage does seem to be improving now.  So I am guessing, or assuming, that after the "Recall Update" the car needs to relearn in order to give great mileage.

So on that thought, I will give it a few more thousand miles.  They do want me to go for service, Oil change etc. and it's free so I will go do that.  Maybe they have a tweak they need to do and it's just easier to ask me to come for a free oil change then admit they need to tweak something.

But, interesting thoughts on Gas.  I usually buy at Costco.  Anyone have an opinion on Costco gas quality?  I sometimes get it at an AM/PM Arco type place.  Pretty run down actually, but it's cheap gas.

I also did the Sync update last Thursday, seems to have helped.  Time will tell. :)

Thanks,

Malibu

Fusion Hybrid Titanium - Ruby Red - Ordered: Apr 15, 2013

Sticker: 5/18/2013 / Build Date: 5/25/2013 / ETA: 6/11/2013 Delivered: 6/7/2013

208367.png

#63 OFFLINE   MaineFusion

MaineFusion

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

But, interesting thoughts on Gas.  I usually buy at Costco.  Anyone have an opinion on Costco gas quality?  I sometimes get it at an AM/PM Arco type place.  Pretty run down actually, but it's cheap gas.

Regardless of who is selling it, most gas sold in a specific area comes from the same refinery.  The only difference is the final blend of magic elixir that gets added to the fuel tanker before it gets delivered to the fueling stations.  Those elixirs being ethanol and cleaning agents.

200866.png

#64 OFFLINE   majorleeslow

majorleeslow

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 154 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

No, I get all of that, but he alluded to the idea that if driven as EV that "Trying to drive the car like an electric vehicle, meaning leaving stop lights while staying in all electric gains you nothing and will lower your mpg numbers.".  That is the part I don't get....

BTW, seeing any improvement in MPG?

I believe that's partially true. depends on SOC and road if you're stopped on top of a hill with decent SOC it's best to use all EV.
231337.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·