Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Extended Warranty

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Extended Warranty (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you buy the extended warranty for your hybrid?

1. Yes (61 votes [61.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.00%

2. No (39 votes [39.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   phantomtech

phantomtech

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Many

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

With all the high tech and being the first year model I ended up getting the PremiumCARE 7y 100k for $1190 from the dealer, $55 more than floodfordesp, and got 60 month 1.29% Financing. Were both my credit unions were 2.25% and 1.49%. 

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

• Deep Impact Blue
  • Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • All-Weather Floor Mats

Ordered: 12/15/12
VIN Assigned: 3FA6P0RU0DR304162
Window Sticker: April 11th Built : April 17th

Shipped : April 18th

Delivered: May 7th

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   GregDallas

GregDallas

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Bordeaux Reserve FFH Titanium

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

OK, question.   I was planning on skipping the warranty when I picked up my car today, so I didn't bother researching.  Then, I decided that it was probably worth it given the vast amount of electronics (and my general feeling that Ford stuff tends to break).   I ended up buying the warranty from the dealer.  Premium Care 6yr 75k mile with $50 deductible for $1,325.

Fordwarranty.com shows that one to be about $1,100.  Floodfordesp.com say $860, so it looks like I made a bad deal.  Anybody know how successful you can be trying to go back and argue with the dealer after the deal was done?

Barring that, which has me feeling silly, the car is awesome and I got a great deal on it from the dealer.

#43 OFFLINE   phantomtech

phantomtech

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Many

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Anybody know how successful you can be trying to go back and argue with the dealer after the deal was done?

If the dealer says the deal is done and they can't change it, you can always cancel , I found this on a web site.

'All Ford ESP contracts can be canceled for a full refund within 30 days (if you have not used any aspect of the plan).  Beyond 60 days, you will receive a pro-rated refund from Ford Motor Company.'

I have also read somewhere that there could be a $75 cancellation fee.  

• GregDallas likes this

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

• Deep Impact Blue
  • Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • All-Weather Floor Mats

Ordered: 12/15/12
VIN Assigned: 3FA6P0RU0DR304162
Window Sticker: April 11th Built : April 17th

Shipped : April 18th

Delivered: May 7th

#44 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Depending on the dealer, if you tell them you found it elsewhere for X amount and want to cancel, they may refund you a difference instead of letting you cancel. I did this on a Prius with Toyota(made a KILLING on that car!)

• GregDallas likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#45 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

I think this is true. My dealer wanted to sell me the 7/75K ESP w/ $100 deductible for $2.5K. Price @ floodfordesp.com is like $1K. Ridiculous. I told the finance manager why his price why so high. His only answer was that the dealer I was getting the lower price from was most likely getting a kickback from ford to sell these. As if they were not! 

From that moment he didn't offer me anything else, which was fine by me because I only spend like 10 minutes with him. He did get me 1.29% for my financing, after I told him I had 1.7% secured with Penfed. Not sure if I made the right decision by taking the 1.29% since the impact to my monthly payment is neglectable, and I know they just basically sold the loan to some credit union I don't know about. But I'm happy with my new HyTi.  :happy feet:

Nobody in sales likes an informed comparision shopper...   Although, they also know that can easily make a matching deal with you since, OH SO MANY people do NOT know to shop around.

EDIT: grammer police

Edited by shaggy314, 27 May 2013 - 01:01 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#46 OFFLINE   rico567

rico567

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 93 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:04 SAAB 9-5 wagon

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

You want to watch smoke curl out of a car salesman's ears, tell him "I think we can do this deal, if I can buy an extended warranty on the second ten years and hundred thousand miles. Funny!

#47 OFFLINE   BK Fusion

BK Fusion

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 14 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Silver Fusion Hybrid

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

This thread makes me sick on one hand, but hopeful on the other.  We ended up buying at FFH on Monday (Memorial Day) after a trip to "just look at a few different hybrids."  My other half fell in love with the Fusion - I liked it but didn't go overboard.  I worked on the salepeople for about 4 hours and got a smokin deal.  Then we were sent into the Financial guy.  He completely wanted to rework the deal.  When I told him no he divided and conquered us.  I was so mad I left.  The other half finished the deal and paid a ridiculous price for an extended warranty.  Far more than the worst stories here.  And it's not even a Ford warranty.  Some "Platinum Elite" nonsense.

I'll be canceling it and going with one of the others here.

• corncobs likes this

#48 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

After reading this thread, I went back to my dealer to cancel the overpriced ESP I purchased during the sale. I was uninformed about warranty pricing I'm ashamed to say.

Just my luck, I opted to not cancel at this time because they will only send the refund to the finance company (fine print on the contact) if you take out a loan. I was hoping to get the refund in hand and then buy online at Flood Ford.

Edited by thavil, 01 June 2013 - 07:30 PM.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#49 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Depending on the dealer, if you tell them you found it elsewhere for X amount and want to cancel, they may refund you a difference instead of letting you cancel. I did this on a Prius with Toyota(made a KILLING on that car!)

I decided to go ahead and cancel my overpriced warranty today even though I knew they would refund my lender instead of me. acdii called it, the finance lady didn't like the idea of some internet seller taking their business so they matched Flood Fords price. I ended up getting 7 years, 125,000 miles and $0 deductible for the same price that I originally paid for 6 years, 100,000 and $0 deductible.
  • acdii likes this

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#50 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I did that today too. Got a 5 year 125K warranty, Ford ESP Premium Care for $1095 with the car, Flood has it for $1030, so I am Stoked. Now to get one on the Flex.

• thavil likes this

Posted Image

#51 OFFLINE   zippo

zippo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Wow, I'm glad I didn't cave in.  My dealership said it would be $1800 for the premium 6 yr 75k miles, and if I didn't do it before I bought the car and tried to get it the next day, the cheapest I could get one would be $3900....That seems a little ridiculous after seeing the prices listed above.  I did end up buying the extended maintenance plan for $525 for 3yr 36k, not sure if that was a good deal or not.  He said the 15 and 30k inspections would be $300 so I'd be saving money on those, plus get oil changes, wiper blades for free.  I guess I should have done some research first.

#52 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I just had to replace the sunroof tracks on my 2010 Milan.  $870 + labor.  ESP covered it.  I had a $400 led taillight assembly replaced back in May, so I've pretty much even on the deal.  The funny thing is I got ESP because I was concerned with the cutting edge hybrid tech and the sync electronics, Which ahve been flawless so far. 

• hybridbear likes this

#53 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Wow, I'm glad I didn't cave in.  My dealership said it would be $1800 for the premium 6 yr 75k miles, and if I didn't do it before I bought the car and tried to get it the next day, the cheapest I could get one would be $3900....That seems a little ridiculous after seeing the prices listed above.  I did end up buying the extended maintenance plan for $525 for 3yr 36k, not sure if that was a good deal or not.  He said the 15 and 30k inspections would be $300 so I'd be saving money on those, plus get oil changes, wiper blades for free.  I guess I should have done some research first.

Those inspections are pretty bogus. They don't really check anything and they charge a fortune for them. You can skip those...Considering that in 3yr/36k you should only need 3 oil changes that isn't much value either...perhaps you can cancel the plan?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#54 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 950 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

My dad got an extended warranty plan on his 2003 Honda Civic. He absolutely made use of it, and they covered everything. He then got the same warranty on his 2010 Prius. I got the same warranty on my 2007 Volvo S60 and they covered everything during the 5 years that I owned it. I had some little critter make it's way into the A/C and ended up eating it's way out, destroying the unit - they covered it. And when my transmission got locked in Drive, they paid to have it towed and repaired. These two incidents cost substantially more than the cost of the warranty. And they give the option of using After-market parts for 100% coverage, or OEM parts for a co-pay. Since they guaranteed the work, I accepted the aftermarket parts, and had not problems afterwards.

In addition, it was transferable once when I sold the Volvo, and it still had almost a year/5,000 miles left on it. I can't remember how much I paid for it, but when my FFH's 3yr/36K miles is almost up, I will get the same one again.

If anyone is interested in finding out about it, let me know and I'll find the name and phone number of the company.

• hybridbear likes this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 12/23/2016

545038.png

#55 OFFLINE   Eddie Sessum

Eddie Sessum

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 595 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Hybrid

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

I just had to replace the sunroof tracks on my 2010 Milan.  $870 + labor.  ESP covered it.  I had a $400 led taillight assembly replaced back in May, so I've pretty much even on the deal.  The funny thing is I got ESP because I was concerned with the cutting edge hybrid tech and the sync electronics, Which ahve been flawless so far. 

My 2011 f250 sync system always had issues. Wouldnt constantly reproduce the issue tho and it wasnt covered under warranty since i couldnt. Had the ESP on it and ended up getting the ac replaced with it because it was leaking more than a broken water pipe.

225770.png

#56 OFFLINE   MaineFusion

MaineFusion

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I might have bought an extended warranty had I been offered one from Ford. Instead the finance guy was hard selling a third party extended warranty and did not even give me the opportunity to look at Ford's extended warranty.  It was painfully clear to me it was all about the finance guy meeting his sales goal. He totally pissed me off.

• hybridbear likes this

200866.png

#57 OFFLINE   dkegel

dkegel

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 182 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Ti
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

We bought our car last week and got the 6 yr/100k mile Premium Care Warranty for $1095.  I think the finance guy started at something like $1800, and that was supposedly a "deal" (my sister-in-law works at the dealership).  When I told him I bought the same plan for our 2010 for $1030 he about fell off his chair.  I wasn't planning to get the warranty at the same time we bought the car but told him if he could match Flood's price I would buy it.  I gave in a little on the cost because that was several years ago that I bought the first one.  In the end, I feel OK about it.

Dave

• thavil likes this

#58 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

My sister, Ms Soft Touch, got taken to the cleaners by the Lexus dealer in Denver.  She bought a 2013 Lexus ES300 hybrid after I bought my MKZ hybrid.  She paid full sticker, plus paid for that useless "protection" package, as well as an extended warranty.  Total bill?  $52K+ for a $46K car.  Unbelievable! 

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#59 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

I got a 4 year 125K plan for the same price as Flood Ford offered.  My dealer knows me well enough to know not to try to over sell me.  Instead I asked for it.  With the amount of miles I put on, I can easily go beyond 125K in 4 years.  Have 7600 on the HyTi now since getting it June 4th.

Posted Image

#60 OFFLINE   MaineFusion

MaineFusion

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

I got a 4 year 125K plan for the same price as Flood Ford offered.  My dealer knows me well enough to know not to try to over sell me.  Instead I asked for it.  With the amount of miles I put on, I can easily go beyond 125K in 4 years.  Have 7600 on the HyTi now since getting it June 4th.

You're piling the miles on faster than I am and I'm driving over 300mi per week.

200866.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·