Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Extended Warranty

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Extended Warranty (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you buy the extended warranty for your hybrid?

1. Yes (61 votes [61.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.00%

2. No (39 votes [39.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

What should one expect to pay for a 2013 Fusion hybrid Premium Care extended warranty?
How many miles/years does it cover?

I too got the $800 camry Hybrid extended warranty from the information I got online. It was 100,000 miles or 7 years. Will run out this year.

My dealer offered to sell either a Ford extended warranty, or one called EasyCare which he said was bought by Ford, but who knows it may be a 3rd party warranty where the hassle with reimbursements comes in.

Anyway, I said no thanks I didn't want one at the time of sale (thankfully they offered it but were not pushy), but just in case I wanted to come back and purchase in the future could he give me quotes on 3-year and 4-year warranties, as I drive just over 40k per year so any longer terms than that don't suit me.  He said the quotes were not the retail price, that the retail prices were a bit higher, which I think is a common statement to make a consumer want to get more of a deal when he or she can and thus plunk down the money or just roll it into the purchase of the car where some consider it most convenient.

Ford premium care warranty - 3yr/125k = $1,620 4yr/125k = $1,710 (I think it is $100 deductible)

Easycare - 3yr/100k = $1,276  4yr/100k = $1,338 ($100 deductible)

I've already checked the rates for a Ford warranty at Flood Ford in RI, where I bought two previously, 3yr/125k = $1,175  4yr/125k = $1,275, so if I choose to purchase one (the debate on the viability of one goes on in this thread and several others) I will go through them.

Edited by jeff_h, 09 January 2013 - 08:30 PM.

• Aquineas likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thanks so much for this info.. I've already got my 5yr 48K warranty bookmarked on my computer... I will show the dealership the quote and see if they will match it.. if not... I'll go with the 'net ESP...

'13 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ordered 10-26-12 Picked up 1-10-13
Luxury, Moon, Navi, Driver Assist, Rev Sense
Ingot Silver, Black Leather

Current Favorite Feature- Lane keep assist
First full tank MPG- over 53!!!

#23 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Update from the above -- I purchased the extended warranty from Flood ESP and instead of getting confirmation in snail mail, got an email back (10 days after ordering) with PDF files or the ESP contract, and also a copy of the invoice.  Below is the text from the email:

Your ESP order is now complete. Attached you will find a copy of your contract, and invoice you may print for your records. There is nothing you need to sign or send back. Your order was electronically registered with Ford, and the VIN was recorded in the national ESP database. Any dealer you go to will automatically be able to find you in their ESP computer. There are no cards or papers you need to carry. Your credit card charge will show up as "Saccucci Honda". That is our sister dealership and billing location. Did you know we also can sell you Ford Factory Maintenance Plans? Not only are they below most dealer's prices, but you will not have to pay the high labor rates most dealerships now have. You can literally save yourself thousands. It even covers wear and tear items, such as brake pads, wiper blades, and spark plugs. Take a look at the brochure here. For pricing and ordering see our website.

204627.png

#24 OFFLINE   Ric

Ric

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 154 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 03 Vette

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I spoke to the dealer regarding an extended Ford Warranty.  They told me they will sell any of the Ford warranties for $200 over their cost.  I think that would be a good deal? 

#25 OFFLINE   Wiggum

Wiggum

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:G37x

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

When I go into the dealer, I will most likely lease  this car. I was wondering about the maintenance plan for the oil and such on this car and what the rate for that would be as well. 

I hate changing my own oil an figured I'd check into it

#26 OFFLINE   LostPuma

LostPuma

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH 505a

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I found the extended warranty at much cheaper than dealer offered. My dealer offered $1195 6yr 75K, I got online from fordwarrantys.com for $795.

Is that site legitimate?  I would love to save some money on my ESP but I am skeptical about that site... I mean they can't even spell warranties. 

191013.png

#27 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Take a look at floodfordesp.com and see what the price is there, I've just purchased another XW from them as noted above, they are definitely legit and price is probably comparable for the time/miles/coverage combo you want.

204627.png

#28 OFFLINE   Ric

Ric

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 154 posts
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 03 Vette

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Give Troy an email.  He might save you some money.  troy@maritimeford.net.   I'm not trying to promote or advertise for them.  They just have been very good for us.  Never a problem.  

#29 OFFLINE   wacevedo

wacevedo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Subaru Tribeca

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

My experience is that by the 6-7 yr mark something major needs come up and that alone is work ~ 1.5K. I normally put ~ 15K/yr, so 7/100k seems reasonable for me. 

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

White Platinum Metallic

Driver Assist Package

Voice Activated Navigation

Moonroof

Premium Floor Mats

Ordered: Feb 19, 2013| VIN assigned: March 26, 2013 | Window Sticker: March 27, 2013 | Build date:  April 5th, 2013| Actual Build Date: 4/5/13 |

ETA: waiting | Delivered: waiting

#30 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

From what I have read, Ford "sells" the plans to all the dealers at fixed price X and they are free to mark up to what they want. Hince the 'special' price they offer you.

Flood goes for volume and I will have their price in my hand when I go to pick up mine. "Match it or lose the business," unless there is sales tax, then web ftw. :-)

• hybridbear likes this

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#31 OFFLINE   wacevedo

wacevedo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 42 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Subaru Tribeca

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I think this is true. My dealer wanted to sell me the 7/75K ESP w/ $100 deductible for $2.5K. Price @ floodfordesp.com is like $1K. Ridiculous. I told the finance manager why his price why so high. His only answer was that the dealer I was getting the lower price from was most likely getting a kickback from ford to sell these. As if they were not! 

From that moment he didn't offer me anything else, which was fine by me because I only spend like 10 minutes with him. He did get me 1.29% for my financing, after I told him I had 1.7% secured with Penfed. Not sure if I made the right decision by taking the 1.29% since the impact to my monthly payment is neglectable, and I know they just basically sold the loan to some credit union I don't know about. But I'm happy with my new HyTi.  :happy feet:

• hybridbear likes this

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

White Platinum Metallic

Driver Assist Package

Voice Activated Navigation

Moonroof

Premium Floor Mats

Ordered: Feb 19, 2013| VIN assigned: March 26, 2013 | Window Sticker: March 27, 2013 | Build date:  April 5th, 2013| Actual Build Date: 4/5/13 |

ETA: waiting | Delivered: waiting

#32 OFFLINE   wazzul

wazzul

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Civic EX

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think this is true. My dealer wanted to sell me the 7/75K ESP w/ $100 deductible for $2.5K. Price @ floodfordesp.com is like $1K. Ridiculous. I told the finance manager why his price why so high. His only answer was that the dealer I was getting the lower price from was most likely getting a kickback from ford to sell these. As if they were not! 

From that moment he didn't offer me anything else, which was fine by me because I only spend like 10 minutes with him. He did get me 1.29% for my financing, after I told him I had 1.7% secured with Penfed. Not sure if I made the right decision by taking the 1.29% since the impact to my monthly payment is neglectable, and I know they just basically sold the loan to some credit union I don't know about. But I'm happy with my new HyTi.  :happy feet:

They got you 1.29%, seems really good for a Hybrid. Can you share any info about it, i.e. term of loan, how much financed? I'm hoping to take delivery this week and best I found was 1.99% through my Credit Union. 

Btw, which dealership did you use? I'm at Landmark and it'd be nice to know how to handle those finance manager's!

Fusion Hybrid Titanium Ruby Red

Ordered: Jan 1st
Build Date: April 9th
Picked Up: May 4th

201078.png

#33 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I am a little ticked off at the moment. I pulled out the paperwork on the Extended Warranty, and found out it is NOT Ford ESP that I specifically asked for. Going to  in tomorrow and discuss it with them. Have had issues from the first moth as the auto payments failed and I wound up having to dish out twice as much to catch up.  :rant:

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#34 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I am a little ticked off at the moment. I pulled out the paperwork on the Extended Warranty, and found out it is NOT Ford ESP that I specifically asked for. Going to  in tomorrow and discuss it with them. Have had issues from the first moth as the auto payments failed and I wound up having to dish out twice as much to catch up.  :rant:

When I bought my FFH I was actually offered two different extended warranties, one was the Ford ESP and one was some other name (don't remember, it's posted here somewhere), I guess your dealer also had the 'brand X' plan.... which sucks if that's not what you were expecting.

204627.png

#35 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

We might buy one as we get closer to the expiration of our factory warranty. If we do buy one I imagine in will be from Flood Ford as no one else seems to come close to their prices. At this point I am not inclined to buy an extended warranty. I want to wait and see how the car has performed in the first few yrs though before making a decision

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#36 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

When I bought my FFH I was actually offered two different extended warranties, one was the Ford ESP and one was some other name (don't remember, it's posted here somewhere), I guess your dealer also had the 'brand X' plan.... which sucks if that's not what you were expecting.

I specifically ASKed for the Ford ESP. Reason being that for $100 less I could get it from Flood, but wanted to keep the business local.   Going to cool off before I confront them on it. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#37 OFFLINE   smr2112

smr2112

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 511 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I purchased mine online for my 2010 FFH and went to buy for the new 2013 FFH.  I got from

the same online place, they even handled the cancel of the 1st warranty which still had time and

miles on it.   Then applied the credit to the new one and it was still well worth it to do for the

peace of mind in brings just knowing how complex this car is.

A few things of note:

You need to go to the warranty selling dealer to cancel an existing warranty on your trade-in.

They get the money back and give it to you or in my case apply it to the new warranty.  They

needed to see the new car sale/mileage statement which I emailed to them.

There is a $75 cancellation fee that comes right off the refunded amount.

If any claims at all, that reduces the amount paid back.  My original Ford ESP Premium

Care for the 2010 FFH (08/2009) was $635 with same day rental, $50 deductible.  About

40 months later, I got back $107.00 @ 26000 miles and that is with the $75 taken out.

All done on the computer by the selling dealer.

I was told I had one claim, they couldn't provide specifics, but I did get a rental for 1 day

while they fixed the mis-wired Sill Plates (Ford parts installed by Ford dealer are covered

under ESP).

When you take your car for service, ask them to verify that your ESP warranty shows

on the computer as you purchased it.

• hybridbear likes this

2013 FFH Hybrid Titanium 900A / Sterling Grey / Driver Assist / Park Assist / Adapt. Cruise / Moonroof / Navigation -- Took delivery 04/16/13

194152.png

#38 OFFLINE   dalesky

dalesky

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 536 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang GT conv, Fusion HYTI

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'd absolutely go with the Ford warranty over any third party.

What is the cost for the extended warranty on the Fusion Hyd.?

The dealer quoted me 1100 for 6 years and 60M miles.

HyTi Ice storm

black leather
Sony sound
Voice Nav
Moonroof
Driver assist

1st tank 5-20-13

#39 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

The dealer quoted me 1100 for 6 years and 60M miles.

Hope you didn't take it :) Ford Flood has that for for $485 ($0 deductible), $425 ($50 deductible) or $410 ($100 deductible).

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#40 OFFLINE   Sleddog

Sleddog

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 421 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid in Ice Storm. 2009 Focus, 2006 F150, 2001 Focus (retired with 361,318 miles), 1994 F150 Flarside

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

I pick up my 2013 Fusion Hybrid tomorrow.  The dealer wants way too much for the premium care ESP.  I'll wait until just before 12000 miles before I call the Ford dealer in MA where I have purchased my last 2 ESP warranties.  Theirs cost less than half of what the dealer wants.

Edited by Sleddog, 06 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·