104 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy the extended warranty for your hybrid?

Take a look at floodfordesp.com and see what the price is there, I've just purchased another XW from them as noted above, they are definitely legit and price is probably comparable for the time/miles/coverage combo you want.

I am a little ticked off at the moment. I pulled out the paperwork on the Extended Warranty, and found out it is NOT Ford ESP that I specifically asked for. Going to in tomorrow and discuss it with them. Have had issues from the first moth as the auto payments failed and I wound up having to dish out twice as much to catch up. :rant:

I am a little ticked off at the moment. I pulled out the paperwork on the Extended Warranty, and found out it is NOT Ford ESP that I specifically asked for. Going to in tomorrow and discuss it with them. Have had issues from the first moth as the auto payments failed and I wound up having to dish out twice as much to catch up. :rant:

When I bought my FFH I was actually offered two different extended warranties, one was the Ford ESP and one was some other name (don't remember, it's posted here somewhere), I guess your dealer also had the 'brand X' plan.... which sucks if that's not what you were expecting.

When I bought my FFH I was actually offered two different extended warranties, one was the Ford ESP and one was some other name (don't remember, it's posted here somewhere), I guess your dealer also had the 'brand X' plan.... which sucks if that's not what you were expecting.

I specifically ASKed for the Ford ESP. Reason being that for $100 less I could get it from Flood, but wanted to keep the business local. Going to cool off before I confront them on it.

I purchased mine online for my 2010 FFH and went to buy for the new 2013 FFH. I got from

the same online place, they even handled the cancel of the 1st warranty which still had time and

miles on it. Then applied the credit to the new one and it was still well worth it to do for the

peace of mind in brings just knowing how complex this car is.

A few things of note:

You need to go to the warranty selling dealer to cancel an existing warranty on your trade-in.

They get the money back and give it to you or in my case apply it to the new warranty. They

needed to see the new car sale/mileage statement which I emailed to them.

There is a $75 cancellation fee that comes right off the refunded amount.

If any claims at all, that reduces the amount paid back. My original Ford ESP Premium

Care for the 2010 FFH (08/2009) was $635 with same day rental, $50 deductible. About

40 months later, I got back $107.00 @ 26000 miles and that is with the $75 taken out.

All done on the computer by the selling dealer.

I was told I had one claim, they couldn't provide specifics, but I did get a rental for 1 day

while they fixed the mis-wired Sill Plates (Ford parts installed by Ford dealer are covered

under ESP).

When you take your car for service, ask them to verify that your ESP warranty shows

on the computer as you purchased it.

Depending on the dealer, if you tell them you found it elsewhere for X amount and want to cancel, they may refund you a difference instead of letting you cancel. I did this on a Prius with Toyota(made a KILLING on that car!)

This thread makes me sick on one hand, but hopeful on the other. We ended up buying at FFH on Monday (Memorial Day) after a trip to "just look at a few different hybrids." My other half fell in love with the Fusion - I liked it but didn't go overboard. I worked on the salepeople for about 4 hours and got a smokin deal. Then we were sent into the Financial guy. He completely wanted to rework the deal. When I told him no he divided and conquered us. I was so mad I left. The other half finished the deal and paid a ridiculous price for an extended warranty. Far more than the worst stories here. And it's not even a Ford warranty. Some "Platinum Elite" nonsense.

I'll be canceling it and going with one of the others here.

I did that today too. Got a 5 year 125K warranty, Ford ESP Premium Care for $1095 with the car, Flood has it for $1030, so I am Stoked. Now to get one on the Flex.