Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Extended Warranty

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Extended Warranty (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you buy the extended warranty for your hybrid?

1. Yes (61 votes [61.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.00%

2. No (39 votes [39.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   HybridFFH502A

HybridFFH502A

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2006 F150 OCC Edition

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

I never buy extended warranties, but I am new to hybrids and was curious if an extended warranty is worth the money on them. What is the life expectancy on the batteries and would they even be covered by an extended warranty anyways? Thanks for any help provided!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   eneg

eneg

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 45 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

I never buy extended warranties, but I am new to hybrids and was curious if an extended warranty is worth the money on them. What is the life expectancy on the batteries and would they even be covered by an extended warranty anyways? Thanks for any help provided!

I never buy them either, but I bought one for this car.

The batteries have a long warranty. Look in your manual. . .

Eneg
2011 Fusion Hybrid
Sterling Gray/Med Light Stone
502A Package

#3 OFFLINE   dogo88

dogo88

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

I did and I do. Shop online for the best prices, dealers usually are way more and the warranty is honored all over. I now only get Ford Extended Warranties. Many of the third party companies just don't cover all they claim. I usually break even on them. I keep my vehicles for 8-10 years and over that timeframe something goes wrong. With a Ford ESP they are usually the least amount of headaches.

Dan

#4 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford
  • My Hybrid's Year:None

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

I'd absolutely go with the Ford warranty over any third party.

What is the cost for the extended warranty on the Fusion Hyd.?
Ford Fusion Hybrid Moderating Team

Need help using this forum?  Click here.

#5 OFFLINE   HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

I never buy warranties either and after extensively researching this car - chose not to buy the extended warranty.

#6 OFFLINE   Alexdad

Alexdad

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Mercury Milan hybrid (301A package)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

I bought a Ford ESP, because I figured that with all of the electronics in the car, if something does go wrong, the cost to repair won't be cheap. I also shopped online and got a much better price than the dealership offered.
  • robertlane, coach81, hybridbear and 1 other like this

#7 OFFLINE   gary5628

gary5628

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid 2012

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

I found the extended warranty at much cheaper than dealer offered. My dealer offered $1195 6yr 75K, I got online from fordwarrantys.com for $795.

#8 OFFLINE   NDallas40

NDallas40

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH, 2011 F-150 SVT, 1970 Corvette

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Never, ever, ever extended warranties......ever! You would not believe what a profit center and cash cow extended warranties are for the dealership and the underwriter. I have worked in a Ford and Toyota dealership in a sales capacity. I have seen it all. I have done it all. I know where the cash comes from and where it goes. If you do your homework and research your vehicles, you will never, ever, ever need to pay for someone's vacation or Christmas bonus again, (by forking over thousands needlessly). Sure, it pays off. About as often as the lottery. The numbers are staggering. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't seen it first hand. Also, never, ever, ever, ever bring your vehicle in as a "trade-in". You might as well bend over, and bring extra lube!
  • coach81 likes this

#9 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

You might as well bend over, and bring extra lube!

I agree for a customer that just buys a full price warranty from the dealer without question. However I bought mine on line and don't feel ripped off (didn't make use of all that I paid for it, but have no regrets), and my co-worker bought one on line for under $1,000 and has had over $3,000 of work done on his FFH for an eletrical/electronics issue that required the replacement of several components. I think he was pretty happy that he had one and would probably not agree with your colorful sentiment.
  • robertlane and hybridbear like this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#10 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford
  • My Hybrid's Year:None

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I bought a Ford ESP, because I figured that with all of the electronics in the car, if something does go wrong, the cost to repair won't be cheap. I also shopped online and got a much better price than the dealership offered.

Do shop around or else you'll be wasting money.

I agree for a customer that just buys a full price warranty from the dealer without question. However I bought mine on line and don't feel ripped off (didn't make use of all that I paid for it, but have no regrets), and my co-worker bought one on line for under $1,000 and has had over $3,000 of work done on his FFH for an eletrical/electronics issue that required the replacement of several components. I think he was pretty happy that he had one and would probably not agree with your colorful sentiment.

WHEN and IF you need the warranty, you'll wish that you had purchased it because and that point, it's pennies on the dollar.
Ford Fusion Hybrid Moderating Team

Need help using this forum?  Click here.

#11 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Never, ever, ever extended warranties......ever! You would not believe what a profit center and cash cow extended warranties are for the dealership and the underwriter. I have worked in a Ford and Toyota dealership in a sales capacity. I have seen it all. I have done it all. I know where the cash comes from and where it goes. If you do your homework and research your vehicles, you will never, ever, ever need to pay for someone's vacation or Christmas bonus again, (by forking over thousands needlessly). Sure, it pays off. About as often as the lottery. The numbers are staggering. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't seen it first hand. Also, never, ever, ever, ever bring your vehicle in as a "trade-in". You might as well bend over, and bring extra lube!

Thanks for the comment.. but I do want the "comfort" of a warranty.. but as others have stated, I do plan on getting one online and saving quite a few dollars on it.  As far as a trade in.. the dealership that I am currently dealing with is giving me more than most think it is worth, so gotta agree to disagree with you.

Do shop around or else you'll be wasting money.

WHEN and IF you need the warranty, you'll wish that you had purchased it because and that point, it's pennies on the dollar.

agree

'13 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ordered 10-26-12 Picked up 1-10-13
Luxury, Moon, Navi, Driver Assist, Rev Sense
Ingot Silver, Black Leather

Current Favorite Feature- Lane keep assist
First full tank MPG- over 53!!!

#12 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

If you really want an extended warranty, why not wait until the basic warranty is about due to expire?

Edited by hermans, 06 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#13 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

If you really want an extended warranty, why not wait until the basic warranty is about due to expire?

Even though you can buy one as long as the original warranty hasn't expired, when I priced one online I found that it's $100 cheaper to buy it within the first year. 

204627.png

#14 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

+1 Jeff

#15 OFFLINE   terryb

terryb

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 430 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 fusion hybrid

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

With all the glittery stuff across the left 2/3s of the dash I decided on the 7 yr full boat.

Delivered 1/2/13
Ice Storm 2 / Moon Roof / Navi w MFT / Driver Assist / Luxury Pkg.
505A / leather Dune / rear view camera / park assist
Adaptive Cruise / remote Start / luxury wheels

171254.png

233484.png

#16 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

With all the glittery stuff across the left 2/3s of the dash I decided on the 7 yr full boat.

And I posted somewhere around here that when I bought my Prius I planned to get an extended warranty but from visiting the Prius forum regularly, I knew that they could be purchased online through other dealers and probably save from what the selling dealer offered.  Knowing this, when I was going through the finance manager's pitch about how much of a 'deal' they were giving me, I said "no thanks" and the guy said that in his four years at the dealership I was the FIRST one who had ever declined.  So then a couple months ago, I was accompanying a friend who was buying a new Focus, as she hates the car buying process and it doesn't bother me so I went along.  So anyway when I mentioned to this other salesman a couple months ago that the past finance manager said I was the first ever to decline the extended warranty, he said "baloney, for us it runs about 70% takers."

And looking at the poll results at the top of this thread, it is currently 73% takers -- sure maybe it's not representative as it's just a quick poll here on the forum, but pretty close to the 70% rate that this salesman quoted.

Edited by jeff_h, 07 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.

204627.png

#17 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I didn't get one on my 2013, and dont get one when I buy a new vehicle, instead wait until the warranty is about up and then decide if I keep the car or not, then if the car warrants a warranty I get one.  I got one for my 2010 FFH, only because you never know what might break, and there are some pretty expensive items on the car, and we are keeping it for a long time. 

Years ago when I got the Prius I got the warranty, and it was like $1900, then found that I could get it for $800, and called the dealer to cancel it, instead they offered to send me a check for the difference, and they did. When I sold the car, I called to cancel it with Toyota, so they sent me a check for the balance. It was more than what I paid for it. That was the ONLY car that I made money on! 

• hybridbear likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#18 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Years ago when I got the Prius I got the warranty, and it was like $1900, then found that I could get it for $800, and called the dealer to cancel it, instead they offered to send me a check for the difference, and they did. When I sold the car, I called to cancel it with Toyota, so they sent me a check for the balance. It was more than what I paid for it. That was the ONLY car that I made money on! 

Yep, the Toyota finance guy said that their normal price was $1,995 but right now they were running a SPECIAL and were offering it for $1,695.  I said no thanks and bought it from a dealer referenced on the Prius forum for $785.  So there's quite a dealer markup on those over the price they pay from the manufacturer, and not just Toyota but with any brand.  I don't begrudge them making money on the transaction, but with such a markup I just prefer that it not be from me.   So I'll get one but will wait a month or two, I have already searched online for the price I can pay there, am curious on the price that will be offered during delivery tomorrow and what kind of SPECIAL they might be having.

• coach81 and hybridbear like this

204627.png

#19 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

What should one expect to pay for a 2013 Fusion hybrid Premium Care extended warranty?
How many miles/years does it cover?

I too got the $800 camry Hybrid extended warranty from the information I got online. It was 100,000 miles or 7 years. Will run out this year.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#20 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yep, the Toyota finance guy said that their normal price was $1,995 but right now they were running a SPECIAL and were offering it for $1,695.  I said no thanks and bought it from a dealer referenced on the Prius forum for $785.  So there's quite a dealer markup on those over the price they pay from the manufacturer, and not just Toyota but with any brand.  I don't begrudge them making money on the transaction, but with such a markup I just prefer that it not be from me.   So I'll get one but will wait a month or two, I have already searched online for the price I can pay there, am curious on the price that will be offered during delivery tomorrow and what kind of SPECIAL they might be having.

Let us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·