Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Extended Warranty

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   con_fusion

con_fusion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hopefully this is the best place to ask this.

For those of you having experience with extended warranties with your Ford vehicle. I have a question.

When I bought my Fusion, I purchased an extended warranty through the dealership which was non-Ford. My dealer doesn't sell Ford extended warranties which I find odd but that's another story.

In doing some checking on this 3rd party warranty service I have some big concerns. What I'd like to do is cancel this 3rd party and go with a Ford ESP plan.

In order to get the Ford extended warranty (and I'm looking for PremiumCare ESP 7year, 100K) do you need to purchase before your vehicle is 1 year old? I'm coming up on my 1 year.

Since I have an SEL with Nav and other features that could be expensive to fix, I'm looking at the best coverage. Not to mention my concern about my 6F35 transmission "quirks".

It appears from a couple of sites like this one - Ford warranty that you can purchase extended warranty at one price tier if you are still covered by the factory warranty. I'm not advocating this site, just one I saw.

So, I'm kind of wondering if I should hold off buying the Ford extended warranty just yet since I still have 2 years and another 26K miles on the standard factory warranty. Is there an advantage to buying it now? Maybe rental car furnished in case of extended reapir time?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has recommended places to purchase an extended warranty, I'd appreciate that also.
'10 White Platinum Metalic SEL
302A Spec
V6
NAV

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

For those of you having experience with extended warranties with your Ford vehicle. I have a question.

When I bought my Fusion, I purchased an extended warranty through the dealership which was non-Ford. My dealer doesn't sell Ford extended warranties which I find odd but that's another story.

In doing some checking on this 3rd party warranty service I have some big concerns. What I'd like to do is cancel this 3rd party and go with a Ford ESP plan.

In order to get the Ford extended warranty (and I'm looking for PremiumCare ESP 7year, 100K) do you need to purchase before your vehicle is 1 year old? I'm coming up on my 1 year.

Since I have an SEL with Nav and other features that could be expensive to fix, I'm looking at the best coverage. Not to mention my concern about my 6F35 transmission "quirks".

It appears from a couple of sites like this one - Ford warranty that you can purchase extended warranty at one price tier if you are still covered by the factory warranty. I'm not advocating this site, just one I saw.

So, I'm kind of wondering if I should hold off buying the Ford extended warranty just yet since I still have 2 years and another 26K miles on the standard factory warranty. Is there an advantage to buying it now? Maybe rental car furnished in case of extended reapir time?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has recommended places to purchase an extended warranty, I'd appreciate that also.

You can purchase ESP any time before the 3/36 B2B warranty expires. After the first 12 months the price goes up by $100 or so.
Allen - Atlanta, GA
2006 Fusion SEL V6 fully loaded
Tungsten/Med. Light Stone

#3 OFFLINE   royroddey

royroddey

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

Shop around on Ford ESP pricing - dealers pay one price and then add profit to it so shopping around will save money. The only thing this costs a dealer is paperwork time to fill out the forms so it comes down to almost pure profit for them and they sure like that!

Start here and then shop around: http://www.fordwarrantys.com/

#4 OFFLINE   bbf2530

bbf2530

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi con_fusion. :D As akirby and royrodey have mentioned, you have until the 3 year/36/000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty expires to purchase a Ford ESP Plan contract (4 years/50,000 for Lincoln). And there is technically a $100 surcharge after the first year. Also, as you have mentioned, having an ESP Plan with the optional Rental Car Coverage will get you a loaner/rental when your car is in for ESP covered services. This comes in handy at Dealerships that do not offer complementary loaners. You can find out the MSRP/Retail prices of the various Plans here LINK: Ford ESP Plans, then use those MSRP prices to begin your shopping. Remember, in the same manner as purchasing a car, the purchase price of an ESP Plan is highly negotiable.

In case it helps, this is a copy and paste of a reply of mine to another Blue Oval Ford member concerning my extensive shopping and purchase of an ESP contract in November of 2010 (on my 2007 Lincoln MKZ). Hope the information helps (coincidentally, I also received quotes from both your Dealership link and the one royroddey linked to) :beerchug: :

"Hi MrHappy. Call this number: 1-866-943-7778. It is the ESP Plan Department number for Harold Ziegler Ford/Automotive Group (located in Illinois/Indiana/Michigan areas). The number gets you the Dealerships ESP Internet sales department which sells to the entire U.S. (not sure about Canada). Ask for Michael Case, or follow the prompts to get his extension. After much Internet and Local Dealership ESP shopping, I received the lowest price from him and the experience was very professional. Copy of quotes were immediately sent to my E-mail, and when I actually purchased, the contract copy was also immediately sent to my E-mail. My credit card was charged for the proper amount and when I checked with my local Lincoln Dealership, the correct ESP Plan was properly registered for my vehicle.

During my shopping, I also received a similar low quote from Flood Ford (located in Rhode Island) at 1-888-318-8534, but decided to go with Harold Ziegler Ford. You will find the lowest prices at these online sellers, and can either purchase from them or use the pricing to try and get your Dealerships asking price lowered.

For example, my local Dealership started out ~$500 more than those two Internet Dealers. My local Dealership eventually came down to within $100, but still could not (or would not) match the Internet sellers. So I went with the Internet seller.

If you Google "Ford ESP Plan", you can find additional online sellers for more price comparisons.

Keep in mind that some people feel "self insuring" (put the money in the bank and save it for possible future use) is more cost effective. It essentially is a personal choice and either choice can be correct according to individual circumstances, as long as the individual is comfortable with their decision.

Hope this information helps.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck."

Edited by bbf2530, 05 February 2011 - 06:21 PM.

2007 Lincoln MKZ - 3.5 liter V-6/6 Speed ATX - Alloy Clearcoat Metallic/Light Stone Leather with Dark Ebony Wood

#5 OFFLINE   con_fusion

con_fusion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi con_fusion. :D As akirby and royrodey have mentioned, you have until the 3 year/36/000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty expires to purchase a Ford ESP Plan contract (4 years/50,000 for Lincoln). And there is technically a $100 surcharge after the first year. Also, as you have mentioned, having an ESP Plan with the optional Rental Car Coverage will get you a loaner/rental when your car is in for ESP covered services. This comes in handy at Dealerships that do not offer complementary loaners. You can find out the MSRP/Retail prices of the various Plans here LINK: Ford ESP Plans, then use those MSRP prices to begin your shopping. Remember, in the same manner as purchasing a car, the purchase price of an ESP Plan is highly negotiable.

In case it helps, this is a copy and paste of a reply of mine to another Blue Oval Ford member concerning my extensive shopping and purchase of an ESP contract in November of 2010 (on my 2007 Lincoln MKZ). Hope the information helps (coincidentally, I also received quotes from both your Dealership link and the one royroddey linked to) :beerchug: :

"Hi MrHappy. Call this number: 1-866-943-7778. It is the ESP Plan Department number for Harold Ziegler Ford/Automotive Group (located in Illinois/Indiana/Michigan areas). The number gets you the Dealerships ESP Internet sales department which sells to the entire U.S. (not sure about Canada). Ask for Michael Case, or follow the prompts to get his extension. After much Internet and Local Dealership ESP shopping, I received the lowest price from him and the experience was very professional. Copy of quotes were immediately sent to my E-mail, and when I actually purchased, the contract copy was also immediately sent to my E-mail. My credit card was charged for the proper amount and when I checked with my local Lincoln Dealership, the correct ESP Plan was properly registered for my vehicle.

During my shopping, I also received a similar low quote from Flood Ford (located in Rhode Island) at 1-888-318-8534, but decided to go with Harold Ziegler Ford. You will find the lowest prices at these online sellers, and can either purchase from them or use the pricing to try and get your Dealerships asking price lowered.

For example, my local Dealership started out ~$500 more than those two Internet Dealers. My local Dealership eventually came down to within $100, but still could not (or would not) match the Internet sellers. So I went with the Internet seller.

If you Google "Ford ESP Plan", you can find additional online sellers for more price comparisons.

Keep in mind that some people feel "self insuring" (put the money in the bank and save it for possible future use) is more cost effective. It essentially is a personal choice and either choice can be correct according to individual circumstances, as long as the individual is comfortable with their decision.

Hope this information helps.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck."

Thank you for the information. It sounds like you waited to buy the extended warranty. This was definitely helpful.

Thanks to akriby and royroddy for the feedback also.

Edited by con_fusion, 07 February 2011 - 04:27 PM.

'10 White Platinum Metalic SEL
302A Spec
V6
NAV

#6 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

thanks for this info...

'13 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ordered 10-26-12 Picked up 1-10-13
Luxury, Moon, Navi, Driver Assist, Rev Sense
Ingot Silver, Black Leather

Current Favorite Feature- Lane keep assist
First full tank MPG- over 53!!!

#7 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

I did this same thing when I bought my Prius, was told by the dealer that the "MSRP" was $1,995 but they would sell it to me on special for $1,695 -- that artificial markdown that makes people think they are getting a deal is apparently a powerful thing, my wife tends to get suckered in at stores all the time, but not me. I then found a dealer that was referenced in the Prius forum and bought the same extended warranty for $775, so you can see how much markup is involved.

Then I got the 2010 Fusion Hybrid, was told at my local dealer that the normal "MSRP" is $1,695 but right now they had a special going on and that I could get it for $1,495, so there's that artificial markdown again. I went to a Ford dealer that I found on one of the Ford forums (don't recall which) which was a dealer in Rhode Island (myfordwarranty dot-com) and bought the same warranty online for $800. And when I get the next vehicle that is one of the places that I will look as the in=person dealers I've dealt with seem to feel that since you're there in person it's harder to say no or easier to say just roll it into the total price -- but once again, not me.

Whether or not someone buys an extended warranty is up to them, there are a lot of threads on the forums discussing whether it's worth it or not and personally it's up to me if I can get it for a more reasonable price. So if you are one that wants one, do some shopping around online before you visit the dealer and get the best price you can -- I now do this with both the car AND the warranty. Good luck!

Edited by jeff_h, 29 July 2012 - 10:19 AM.

• coach81 likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#8 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Going to look into this pretty hard over the next few months as I wait for delivery.

#9 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Actually the URL from my above post has changed, is now floodfordesp - dot -com

Edited by jeff_h, 02 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

204627.png

#10 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Found a few websites with good prices. So as long as it is "ford ESP" all dealerships will honor it regardless of where/how purchased?

#11 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Found a few websites with good prices. So as long as it is "ford ESP" all dealerships will honor it regardless of where/how purchased?

Yes sir... just make sure that it's a Ford plan rather than a third-party, apparently those third-party ones can be a hassle.

204627.png

#12 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Explain difference between third party and Ford. Will they both say Ford ESP?

#13 OFFLINE   neevers1

neevers1

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Explain difference between third party and Ford. Will they both say Ford ESP?

No they will not both say Ford ESP. A third party warranty is a warranty through a different company. They typically are harder to deal with, sometimes they require you to pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed later. Stick with the Ford ESP.

#14 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Got it.. thanks

#15 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Got two Ford ESP quotes ready to go (via Internet) for my visit to the dealership (hopefully next week)..

1. Trade in Price- Done

2. Final Price on FFH- Done - Except he is going to have to give a deal when my "push button start" isn't on there as per our agreement.

3. Financing - Done with Chase Bank - 2.1% with excellent credit rating

4. Insurance- State Farm is ready to upgrade me.

5. Ford ESP - See above.

Now all I need is the vehicle to arrive!!!

#16 OFFLINE   camelot

camelot

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 ffh ice storm
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Had a third party warranty once. Never again. Too many phone calls for approval that agravated the dealer the car was being fixed at. Then it was my out of pocket and reimbursement.. Check did come in a week though.But the 600.00 was unplanned.

#17 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I got one for my 2010 when it had 34K on the clock, looked online and best I could find was $2400 for a 100K warranty, got it for $1695 from my dealer instead. Probably could have got it for less had I shopped more, but it is a Ford ESP.

Keeping that car for a long time since it has been so good to us. Rare for me to keep a car that long, but when its reliable and I like driving it, it stays.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#18 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Had a third party warranty once. Never again. Too many phone calls for approval that agravated the dealer the car was being fixed at. Then it was my out of pocket and reimbursement.. Check did come in a week though.But the 600.00 was unplanned.

Got it.. third party.. bad  :)

I got one for my 2010 when it had 34K on the clock, looked online and best I could find was $2400 for a 100K warranty, got it for $1695 from my dealer instead. Probably could have got it for less had I shopped more, but it is a Ford ESP.

Keeping that car for a long time since it has been so good to us. Rare for me to keep a car that long, but when its reliable and I like driving it, it stays.

Which is why I plan on getting a 5 yr/48K ESP from day one...

#19 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Got two Ford ESP quotes ready to go (via Internet) for my visit to the dealership (hopefully next week)..

1. Trade in Price- Done

2. Final Price on FFH- Done - Except he is going to have to give a deal when my "push button start" isn't on there as per our agreement.

3. Financing - Done with Chase Bank - 2.1% with excellent credit rating

4. Insurance- State Farm is ready to upgrade me.

5. Ford ESP - See above.

Now all I need is the vehicle to arrive!!!

Ford has a 0% for 36 or 48 months financing until 4/1/13, check there. It shows up in the build and price for the car...

My credit union and a competing credit union are offering 1.9% up to 54 months, keep shopping that interest rate around and check credit unions. They will less likely charge prepayment fees, and they aren't profit driven like Chase.

Edited by shaggy314, 02 February 2013 - 01:03 PM.

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#20 OFFLINE   wacevedo

wacevedo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Subaru Tribeca

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

I tried to get a quote for a ESP from the Ford owner site. When I enter my VIN (vehicle just built) and other information, the response I get is:

"We are sorry, but your vehicle is not eligible for the Ford ESP plans we sell on this web site. Your vehicle may still be eligible for other plans! We recommend that you contact the Ford ESP Call Center at 877-794-6434 or your local Ford"

I'm thinking it's because the car has not yet been delivered?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

White Platinum Metallic

Driver Assist Package

Voice Activated Navigation

Moonroof

Premium Floor Mats

Ordered: Feb 19, 2013| VIN assigned: March 26, 2013 | Window Sticker: March 27, 2013 | Build date:  April 5th, 2013| Actual Build Date: 4/5/13 |

ETA: waiting | Delivered: waiting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·