GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

Here's a picture of how mine drains. Two puddles on either side of a pan or shield somewhat underneath of the center console. Pic taken from the driver's side.

Car drips

Just FYI.....if you open the hood...and get over on the passenger side and look down toward the back of the engine bay...you can see a hose come out of the back and then run down a ways and end with a flap on the end of it..... this looks like a AC drain.....I still havent seen anything come out of it...the day i "DID" see mine draining...it was coming out closer to the drivers side out of the pan...

That is the fresh air intake (cowl) vent drain. You won't see anything come out of it unless you pour some water in your cowl vent. :)

Yep, been there, done that with the Fridgi Fresh. It doesn't work for this problem. The whole shut down the car thing doesn't sit well with me. I've never had to do that in any other car I've owned. It seems completely ridiculous that I'd have to judge when I'm 5 minutes from home, turn the a/c off and run the fan only. I don't accept that as a solution :redcard:

Right there with you Riggo!

I will not spray Lysol, try to remember what setting to leave the car in during or after operation, or continue to take mine in for a weekly detox. These are what I call workarounds and do NOT address the root cause of where the mildew/mold is forming or more importantly WHY!

I heard back from the Ford CSM today. Basically, no known problems so take it back to the dealer so they can try again. The smell gets stronger by the day. I have asked for an appointment for this Wednesday with the conditions I wrote about above and am waiting to hear back from the dealership. This will be my fourth service appointment for this specific problem and will also be notifying Ford and the MD Consumer Protection Division about the repeated, unsuccessful attempts to resolve this problem.

I can not pretend to love this car anymore, it has become a car I despise getting into.

acdii - have you tried asking one of the Ford reps on the Flex Forum why they aren't on here?

Yes I did, they dont have the staff to do it.

Thats what I explained to them in prior conversations. I will see what I can do. It would be very good for a rep from Ford to be a member here.