Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#541 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

I find it a tad funny that when me and a few others first started reporting this horrible smell, some said we were just overreacting and all cars get a moldy smell. They told us to make sure we ran with the a/c off and the fan blowing a few miles before we got home. I feel somewhat vindicated. That, and the fact i won an arbitration with Ford over this issue :-).

Edited by Riggo, 12 December 2014 - 12:19 PM.

• hybridbear, GrySql, corncobs and 1 other like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#542 OFFLINE   scn101

scn101

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 50 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Ti
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

Just shy of one year of ownership I decided to take my HyTi in to get the musty AC smell TSB done and its first oil change (9800 miles).  It was my first service visit since new.  During the summer I drove the car with the AC off to the dealer and had my service manager sit in it while we turned on the AC for the first time that day.  Musty smell verified.  So when I brought in the vehicle for an oil change there was no diagnosis, they simply ordered the TSB part.  A week later the part came in and I dropped off the car Monday afternoon.  They provided a loaner, a '14 Focus at my request (I put just shy of 500 highway miles on that car that week, over 39MPG, wow, nice).  The call came in, my car was ready late on Friday and I picked it up Saturday morning.

During that week they also replaced the driver's side seat back leather as it's piping had abnormally worn (the dye wore away).  They did a great job.  They also ordered a Heated Steering Wheel Module as my heated steering wheel quit.  They replaced the module and it is working again.

When I picked up the car there was a panel on the dash that needed a nudge to click in, as well as a seat rail cover, no big deal, push, snap, snap, and I left the dealership.  Everything seemed fine on the way home.  Only issue were the wipers that nudged each time I started the car.  Took it back on Monday and they fixed it immediately while I waited.  As far as I can tell, all is good now, everything works, all vents, etc, and no rattles.  No smell, but time will tell, I'll know for sure in a few months.

I was very happy with how I was treated by the dealership and service advisor (Five Star Ford, Plano, TX), and by Ford since instead of throwing deodorizer at the issue until the warranty expires they came up with a fix.

Interestingly enough this is the second time we had an evaporator replaced by this dealer.  Our 2009 Focus, 10 days out of the 36 month warranty, had its evaporator fail.  I scoured the internet and couldn't find any hint that this was a endemic issue, we were just unlucky.  The dealership worked with Ford as well as kicked in some dealership funds and fixed the car for a very reasonable out of pocket cost to us.  They put everything back together properly which impressed me enough to buy another Ford from them, my Fusion.  We still have the Focus and its only other repair was a new washer pump, $35.  Yeah, pretty darn happy with the car (@ ~55K miles now).

I still love my car.  If it remains a good vehicle then our next car will be a Ford. 

Edited by scn101, 07 February 2015 - 10:33 AM.

• acdii, GrySql and Texasota like this

#543 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Sounds like you got a good dealer like mine.  It really isn't the vehicles, it's the dealers that sell and maintain them that get customers coming back.  Too bad not all dealers recognize this little fact.

• hybridbear and corncobs like this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#544 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

While it's kind of off the subject..........

I just had the evaporator changed out on my home heat pump (less than a year old) because they couldn't find any other way to get rid of the "dirty sock" smell.

The old one was all aluminum; the replacement was mostly copper.

#545 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,009 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

I was very happy with how I was treated by the dealership and service advisor (Five Star Ford, Plano, TX), and by Ford since instead of throwing deodorizer at the issue until the warranty expires they came up with a fix.

There are plenty of posts about bad dealership experiences on this forum.  It is encouraging to hear about good dealership experiences. You should let them know. Too often service departments (across all businesses and industries) only hear from the customer when they are upset or angry.

• hybridbear likes this

#546 OFFLINE   swaghost

swaghost

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:North Africa
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

I've had two Fusions: an SE with 2.0 engine (purchased June of 2014, totaled in accident at 14K miles) and now a Titanium (built before my "first" SE, acquired with 11K miles 1.5 days ago0). Titanium has the issue (thought it was just cleaner), my newer SE ride (RIP) did not have the issue and I drove it for 12K miles. I've sent the TSB to my local dealer to see if I need to return this ride within the 3 days.

My wife fabrezed it, didn't help. My kids got in this morning and said "This car stinks."

Scott

#547 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

I've had two Fusions: an SE with 2.0 engine (purchased June of 2014, totaled in accident at 14K miles) and now a Titanium (built before my "first" SE, acquired with 11K miles 1.5 days ago0). Titanium has the issue (thought it was just cleaner), my newer SE ride (RIP) did not have the issue and I drove it for 12K miles. I've sent the TSB to my local dealer to see if I need to return this ride within the 3 days.

My wife fabrezed it, didn't help. My kids got in this morning and said "This car stinks."

Scott

Hi swaghost,

I want to see how I can help things smell sweeter around here. What year is your Fusion?

Meagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·