GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

That buggers that all up then. Here's hoping mine doesn't have this.

Well, guess what? After my vehicle has been sitting at the Ford dealer for over a week waiting for the part to arrive to perform the TSB I get a call yesterday from them stating they received the replacement part but "it was damaged during shipping and we can't install, now the part is on backorder and we don't know when we'll receive another... come get your car".

Imagine what convenience that is for a Ford dealer that never wanted to do the work and now they have the perfect excuse not to. This has been such a horrible experience which has me looking at possibly trading in this car I did love for another brand.

Anybody in the Chicagoland area want to buy a used 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium with only 11,000 miles PM me... Oh, by the way, don't turn on the AC or you'll vomit from the smell!

Find a better dealer, problem isnt with the car or Ford at this point, its your dealer.

Send a PM to Rachel, our Ford Rep, maybe she can get a Canadian Ford Rep to help you with this.

TSB-0099 only applies to 2013-2014 Fusion and MKZ vehicles built on or before 2/24/2014.

His car falls into that category, I believe his is an early 2013 as I think his car was one of those that were stuck in the Hermosillo matrix back in late 2012 (but not the one that had the CD of Mexican tunes left in the player).

In ours the smell was pervasive throughout the vehicle, even the trunk. It was definitely worse with the air on, but there was a point where we just stopped driving it unless we had too. You could smell it about 15 feet away from the car with the door open. It took a long time since the repair work for the smell to dissapate too. No more vomit smell, but no new car smell (or leather) either anymore.

THIS CAR ABSOLUTELY SUCKS SO BADLY I HAVE HAD SO MANY FREAKING ISSUES (over 8 different issues that needed almost 20 visits to the dealer) WITH NOW I KNOW WHY EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF ME FOR BUYING A FORD!

Between this and the issue with my 2014 F150 I've convinced at least three people not to buy Fords. They refuse to make things right with either vehicle. I am a Ford guy. I have a 68 Mustang in the garage. These are the last Fords for our family.

It sounds like your experience has not been the best and I sympathize with you.

If you are concerned about this A/C smell issue taking you past the BtB Warranty period you must take it to the Dealer now and log the complaint, thereby getting it into the system.

Send a PM to Rachel, our Ford Rep, maybe she can get a Canadian Ford Rep to help you with this.

TSB-0099 only applies to 2013-2014 Fusion and MKZ vehicles built on or before 2/24/2014.

Thanks for recommending me, GrySql; I've looped in my colleagues at FordServiceCA, who will be reaching out.

In ours the smell was pervasive throughout the vehicle, even the trunk. It was definitely worse with the air on, but there was a point where we just stopped driving it unless we had too. You could smell it about 15 feet away from the car with the door open. It took a long time since the repair work for the smell to dissapate too. No more vomit smell, but no new car smell (or leather) either anymore.

THIS CAR ABSOLUTELY SUCKS SO BADLY I HAVE HAD SO MANY FREAKING ISSUES (over 8 different issues that needed almost 20 visits to the dealer) WITH NOW I KNOW WHY EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF ME FOR BUYING A FORD!

Between this and the issue with my 2014 F150 I've convinced at least three people not to buy Fords. They refuse to make things right with either vehicle. I am a Ford guy. I have a 68 Mustang in the garage. These are the last Fords for our family.

I'm sad to see this is a deal breaker, BK Fusion. I'd like to see how I can help keep you part of the Ford Family. What concerns are you experiencing with your F-150 and Fusion Hybrid? Please send me a PM with the VINs, current mileage, symptoms, servicing dealer, your full name, and contact information.

Rachel

Sounds like you got a good dealer like mine. It really isn't the vehicles, it's the dealers that sell and maintain them that get customers coming back. Too bad not all dealers recognize this little fact.

I was very happy with how I was treated by the dealership and service advisor (Five Star Ford, Plano, TX), and by Ford since instead of throwing deodorizer at the issue until the warranty expires they came up with a fix.

There are plenty of posts about bad dealership experiences on this forum. It is encouraging to hear about good dealership experiences. You should let them know. Too often service departments (across all businesses and industries) only hear from the customer when they are upset or angry.

I've had two Fusions: an SE with 2.0 engine (purchased June of 2014, totaled in accident at 14K miles) and now a Titanium (built before my "first" SE, acquired with 11K miles 1.5 days ago0). Titanium has the issue (thought it was just cleaner), my newer SE ride (RIP) did not have the issue and I drove it for 12K miles. I've sent the TSB to my local dealer to see if I need to return this ride within the 3 days.

My wife fabrezed it, didn't help. My kids got in this morning and said "This car stinks."

Scott

Hi swaghost,

I want to see how I can help things smell sweeter around here. What year is your Fusion?

Meagan