GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

Sure glad this has not happened to me. Have not used the AC yet, being Canada and all, but happy to hear that Ford has come up with a solution that has affected so many. Now the test will be to ensure it works and the smell has been driven out. If it doesn't, I expect we will hear about it. And if it does work - we still want to hear about it and so will Ford.

I truly hope this fix works. I hope to hear back from some of you soon on it. My 20k oil change is coming up in a month or 2 and I may have them apply this as well. My smell is not as bad as some of your's but it's definitely there.

I would not want to have to do that job. I have replaced heater cores before, not fun at ALL! This is even more complicated!

One of the guys on the Lincoln forums is a service tech. He says he has already changed out one of these, albeit the original version, and does not ever want to do it again. Says he will gladly share the love. :)

I'm a little surprised here. Your ambient lighting was installed by the dealer and now the dealer is asking if Ford will pay to have it moved or removed. And the lighting is aftermarket and not Ford. Is anyone else surprised that Ford declined.

The dealer was/is trying to provide a decimal insertion here to the dollar equation - ok trying to screw Ford, if I wasn't being clear. :play: The dealer should have, I would think as a matter of good customer relations, just gone ahead and done the work and said nothing. But no they would like Ford to pay. I can see the other side too with Ford having bad parts causing the problem, but moving or even temporarily removing the lighting - that doesn't sound like a big deal. Maybe it is.

As another example and maybe a bad one, but try this on for size. Man buys F 150 and installs camper body in the pickup bed. camper is attached to body, wiring hooked up and whatever else needs to be done and then Ford issues a recall for the bolts holding the bed to the frame. Should Ford have to pay to have the camper taken off and put back on? Don't think so. Any legal eagle types here that might offer a different perspective? :sneaking:

What is so different between the after market Ford lighting and the factory installed Ford lighting?

My 2013 FFH has the smell issue as well and I'm glad to see they finally have a TSB available. I went to my dealer after reading this thread yesterday. I was told I need to bring it in first for an appointment next Tuesday to validate that this is the problem. Once they confirm, he said they will order the parts and perform the job. I'm a little peeved it couldn't be done earlier than that.

For people that have this issue is yours all the time? mine seems to come and go I would hate to have to keep driving to the dealer and they say nope nothing wrong just for the next day im driving to have the smell.

Update on the Climate Control Housing Change.

I got a call from my SA yesterday, it will be a two man job I'm told. Except one of the team is going for a training class this week, not for the CCH change. So it was recommended I wait a week. These two are a team that handles the bigger repairs and I'm told are the best...so I'll wait for the repair on my SA's recommendation.

And by agreeing to wait a week they will move the ambient lighting and reinstall it at no charge. That's fair.