GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

I have a 2013 FFH and I was just looking in the forum to resolve a problem I have with a foul smell coming from the vents. It only happens when you first start the car. My car only has 5,000 miles so it should not be smelling. Don't know what to do with that smell.

I have gone twice to the dealer and they cannot duplicate the smell. Of course it doesn't happen when you need to get it to happen. I spoke to them about the cabin air filter I guess I will have to be more forceful next time.

After nearly four months, the car I love, I now HATE to get into.

Mine has just started to develop the HORRIBLE MUSTY smell for the first ~30 seconds of A/C use. It was slight at first (about a week ago) and I attributed it to the cooler weather/not getting much use. Every day I made a conscious effort to turn it on to see if it went away and now it is almost UNBEARABLE. I've tried the vents only---no change, w/the heat on at 85 degrees----consistent musty smell the entire time and w/ & w/o recirculated air. The musty smell will only go away after the A/C runs at a very cool temperature and then it returns after it sits for a bit, even after a quick trip into the store, but much worse if it sits overnight.

I have a service appointment for this Saturday and will also be asking for the 13B07 software upgrade. Will post any information that my dealer might share. Judging from the recent posts I wonder if it might become a larger concern for more FFH owners.

(Forgot to add that it does appear that the condensation is still coming out of the underside of the car....assuming that's what's dripping in the rear passenger side area.)

Edited by MD_Fusion_Lover

I wonder if it could be the air filter, only way to know is to remove it and see.