Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

H&R Lowering Kit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Pcran

Pcran

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Fusion SE FWD

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

I just got my H&R lowering kit, i havent put it on yet...waiting for the weather to get better. But i was wondering if anyone has lowered a 2010 yet with the 1.6 Front, 1.9 Rear lowering kit and if there is anything i need to know before i do it?

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Pcran

Pcran

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Fusion SE FWD

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Guess that means no one has lowered their car. Im gonna be lowering it tomorrow.. so ill tell everyone how it goes, and ill try to get some pictures up.

#3 OFFLINE   fusionff

fusionff

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

Lowered Fusions look great, you're gonna love it. Post up a pic when it's done.

There are quite a few lowered Gen2's, check out fordfusionclub . com, a lot of modding going on over there.

Edited by fusionff, 03 February 2011 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image
07 SEL V6
Steeda STB & CAI, SCT X3
Ford Racing Springs, & more

#4 OFFLINE   JetlagSD

JetlagSD

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hello Pcran,

Yes, I've lowered my 2010 Fusion Hybrid.

I used the KW series 2 "coil overs" and had some difficulties as most of the kits aren't made for the extra weight of the hybrid. Because of that, I ended up using the rear springs from the Eibach kit. Eibach springs have a bit higher spring rate, and can handle more weight. They are also a taller spring, so I was able to get the correct drop that I wanted. Unfortunately I also had to machine larger spring perches as the Eibach springs are also a larger diameter. In addition have installed front and rear sway bars, and front upper strut brace to stiffen the chassis up a bit.

Hope yours turns out nicely.

#5 OFFLINE   BatteryMobile

BatteryMobile

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Got my H&R springs from CD3 in 2 days and installed over the weekend. The drop is aggressive, looks great, and the ride is way more compliant than any of my Eibach setups I've used in the past. It is not much different than stock but the handling has improved dramatically. The stock springs were monsters - dont think I've seen that much disparity in my previous stock/Eibach comparisons. Seriously considering grinding the positioning tab on the front shocks to even up the stance with the slightly lower rear.

Pix to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·