Pentalab

Maintaining leather seats ?

Lexol, why? They have been in the leather business for a very long time, originally for Saddle and bridle leather. Stuff works great, but DONT use the stuff made for saddles as it will take the finish right off your seats!

With leathers in most cars today, so heavily treated/sealed/protected - are you really even doing much of

anything to the leather itself with most treatments? 20 years ago, an older Jag or MB - keeping that leather

in good condition was a much bigger deal.

So would this fact change anything about what products you use? Seems like most of them really

would never even reach the leather to protect it directly. You want something to protect the surface

somehow, more than the leather.

I used some of this product which was easy enough. Kind of a different approach as the seat

color is unchanged completely - I kind of miss making the seats slippery...

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/gtechniq-leather-guard.html

Meguiares leather cleaner seems to work good too. I got one of those with the wipes in a can, and it cleans the seats nicely.

This threads a few years old but is still useful today. The Fusion is the first car with leather seats that I have owned. The last post here was a few years ago. Just wondering if there is any new products to maintain the leather seats and steering wheel and if there are any products to avoid. Thanks.

Like my last post, the meguiars wipes work really well. I also use Lexol cream. The one thing to keep in mind, car leather in the Fusion is nothing like the leather used for furniture, it has tighter pores and a tougher finish on it, so not many products can penetrate the surface, and all they really do is clean the surface. Older car leather was different and actually do soak up the conditioners.