I have an 06 Fusion, and I live in the snow belt (Canada) and I learned how to drive in cars without ABS. I want to disable the ABS system in my car by pulling the fuse. Is this a bad idea? Will my brakes still function like they should, and by that I mean lock up. Or will it create excessive pressure in the brake lines?

your brakes will work just fine. by pulling the fuse will not effect the brakes an any way besides no abs and the light on the dash. just besure the fuse your pulling only disables abs.

I checked in the operator's manual and fuse 28 is for abs, traction control and heated seats. My car does not have traction control or heated seats so pulling the fuse did just what i wanted it to. When I slam on the brakes on snow all 4 wheels lock up like I'm used to.

I checked in the operator's manual and fuse 28 is for abs, traction control and heated seats. My car does not have traction control or heated seats so pulling the fuse did just what i wanted it to. When I slam on the brakes on snow all 4 wheels lock up like I'm used to.

And just how is that a good thing?