Sign in to follow this  
presario1626

2010 Hybrid Auto dimming rear view mirror

Just bought 2010 Fusion Hybrid, but the auto dimming does not seem to work. Took the car the the dealer, they said they could not find any problems with the code, and there is no way for them to test it since the garage is too bright. Is there a way to tell whether the mirror is on or off? Are the 2 white dots in the front both sensors, or does one of them light up so I can tell whether the mirror is on or off. My Acura MDX RVM has 1 sensor & 1 light in the front, not sure whether Fusion mirror has similar setup.

Unless the hybrid has something different, I don't think anything lights. (I have a 2010 SE) I had a similar problem early on, and was describing it to my buddies while riding in the car, then one of them pushed the center headrest down (It was all the way up when I got it, and didn't notice) and now it works good. I guess it was enough to block the sensors from 'seeing' the lights from behind. Something to check, at least.

Nothing lights up, mine works fine but someone in the hybrid area mentioned having to lower the middle rear seat head rest, someone else said they keep the mirror near the roof (it has two pivot points so that must be possible) never had to do any of this myself.

There are 2 sensors on the ADRVM - behind it (or facing front) to detect if it's dark or bright outside and the other sensor found in front (facing rear) - looking like 2 silver dots. Try this, when it is dark or park inside the garage at night and turn your headlights off. Then you'll notice the mirror will start to dim as soon as you turn on your cabin lights. That then tells you that it works. If you turn the light off inside the cabin it's like there are no vehicles behind you then it just acts as a normal rearview mirror. Hope this answers your concern.