danford1

Remote start add on using Ford keyfob

I'm looking for a remote start add on system that uses the factory Ford key fob so I don't have two clunky fobs on my key chain.

I saw this one on Ebay . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Add-on-Remote-Start-Ford-Factory-OEM-Keyless-Entry-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aFusionQQhashZitem19c1358132QQitemZ110615691570QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It is an Excalibur model Rs-110.

Does anyone know anything about this product?

If this isn't any good, can you recommend a basic start system (no alarms or anything fancy) that uses the Factory Ford key fob?

The car is a 08 Fusion SEL V6 Sport ... It has the key fob with key all as one unit, not separate key and fob...

Danford1

Two reasons for me.

First ,the factory ones don't have a long range.

After markets are 1000' to 2500'.

Aftetrmarkets cost less than half as much and have a life time warranty.

I ended up getting an Audioxox installed with 1200' range for $195 out the door ... works just fine !

I can be inside a store heading for the check out, hit the button and the car starts. The factory one can't do that....

When I get to my car it is running and warm inside (I live in Michigan, it has been in the teens recently).

I'm happy :-)

Danford1

Which brand Audiovox did you get? I'm curious to install one myself without having to add anything to my keyring

Which brand Audiovox did you get? I'm curious to install one myself without having to add anything to my keyring

I got the APS57C.

I didn't install it myself. I had it done.

It works well :-)

Danford1