Joseph Chang Nutter

#)(*$#( scratch on my grill

some jerk off keyed the grill (big upper chrome part) besides buying a whole new piece any way of getting the scratch out? i tried some light polish but didnt work to well... $*()#*$!

some jerk off keyed the grill (big upper chrome part) besides buying a whole new piece any way of getting the scratch out? i tried some light polish but didnt work to well... $*()#*$!

I would keep an eye out on ebay for a slightly used grill as olot of people or selling the oem ones when they get aftermarket ones.

You could try wet sanding it out if its not to deep, starting with some 1000 grit and finishing with 3000 grit and a polish. But since the

grill is just plastic with a thin chrome coat, not sure it that will work.

Sorry, no.

i also have a grill problem. i brought my 2010 fusion SE in yesterday for its first oil change at ford and they washed it for me because here in Minnesota it has been below freezing weather so most car washes are closed. well since the car was warm when it got rolled out of the shop and it was like 10 degrees outside the grill started to bubble in certain spots. now i dont know if ford will replace it or not but the car has 3000 miles on it and i don't want the grill to be looking like that with the car being so new.

i also have a grill problem. i brought my 2010 fusion SE in yesterday for its first oil change at ford and they washed it for me because here in Minnesota it has been below freezing weather so most car washes are closed. well since the car was warm when it got rolled out of the shop and it was like 10 degrees outside the grill started to bubble in certain spots. now i dont know if ford will replace it or not but the car has 3000 miles on it and i don't want the grill to be looking like that with the car being so new.

The grill shouldn't bubble regardless of the temp or whether it was washed or not. Just take it back and ask them to fix it.

It's also possible they screwed up washing it in which case the dealer should replace it, not Ford.

Edited by akirby