To all of us who have the Bronze level Ford (Code Alarm) starter installed, we seem to be stuck in a catch 22 situation. There is no outlet for defogger activation on the autostart, but there is on their higher models that they offer. The problem is that Code Alarm only recommends the Bronze level for the Fusion due to the duplication of keyless entry and such. Code will not tell me how to have an installer hook up a work around to activate the defogger and the Ford dealer won"t touch it because Code won't tell them how to program the unit!

I have been told that it can be done but the problem is if it is done incorrectly and causes a problem the warranty is voided and I have the Extended Warranty. It is stupid to have to walk out to the car and physically engage the RWD to clear the rear window or to buy a more espensive Ford or aftermarket system JUST for the RWD option. Has anyone solved this problem and what did you do?