Sign in to follow this  
geeve420

Removing front brake rotors

This is going to be a total newb question :) I have searched high and low to find a guide on removing the front brake rotors on my 2008 Fusion SEL. I know the pads will need to come off, then the caliper, then the rotor. I am just nervous about doing it and am a "if there is a guide use it" kinda nerd :) Can anyone offer any kind of walkthrough or knowlage of what is involved. I want to take them off and have them turned. I guess I am asking for an idea of what tools I am going to need and tips and tricks to get it off there. I can do it very easily on my 97 Saturn, but never messed with this car.

Thanks in advance

Geeve

This is going to be a total newb question :) I have searched high and low to find a guide on removing the front brake rotors on my 2008 Fusion SEL. I know the pads will need to come off, then the caliper, then the rotor. I am just nervous about doing it and am a "if there is a guide use it" kinda nerd :) Can anyone offer any kind of walkthrough or knowlage of what is involved. I want to take them off and have them turned. I guess I am asking for an idea of what tools I am going to need and tips and tricks to get it off there. I can do it very easily on my 97 Saturn, but never messed with this car.

Thanks in advance

Geeve

First you have to remove the calipers (usually 2 bolts). The pads are inside the caliper. Then you have to remove the caliper mounting bracket which is usually two or three bolts and these can be difficult. Once that's off the rotor should slide off but it may be frozen in place and need some persuasion. Getting the caliper mounting bracket off might require a cheater bar.