Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Cargo Organizer Suggestion please . . .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MikeS

MikeS

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

I have a xerox box full of emergency car stuff: jumper cables, flares, tools, towel, first aid kit, etc.

Instead of having a box sliding around in the trunk, what's the best cargo organizer to keep that kind of stuff organized, and maybe have something so bags of groceries don't slide around and fall apart in the trunk?

My tribeca had great compartments under the trunk deck for all that stuff. It was great!

Thanks for any suggestions or links to some good products,

Thanks,
Mike

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:09 AM

Go to Ford Accessories and have a look at the several cargo organizers available. You can order these on line or through your dealer.
Art
Long Island, NY
2010 MKZ Sport AWD

#3 OFFLINE   tmdata

tmdata

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

Ford has some nice organizers but I was disappointed that none of the dealers stock them. You might as well buy them on loine as through a dealer. I wanted to see how well they would fit/full the truck. Until then, I use a couple of the Case Logic trunk bags (http://www.caselogic...N=4011 20026012) I had them in my pickup. I picked them up on sale for about $10-$15 at Target a few years ago. They have outside pockets and the top can be folded in or zipped shut.

I just got my Fusion 4 weeks ago and I too noticed that everything wanted to roll around in the trunk. The secret to these bags/oranigers is that they have the hook side of 4 Velcro patches attached to the bottom corners of the them. They really stay put. A cheaper alternative would be to buy some Velcro patches and attached the hook side to bottom of your Xerox box to keep it put.
2011 Fusion Hybrid
Ingot Silver Metallic w/Med Stone Lthr interior
502A package

#4 OFFLINE   MikeS

MikeS

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the tip. That looks great, and much better than just the cargo net.

I'm going to see how much emergency stuff I can cram in the well around the spare tire, and how much stuff I really don't need, and see exactly what my storage needs are before buying something.

My coworker just got a taurus, and wow, that has a gigantic trunk. He crammed all kinds of stuff around the spare tire (jumper cables, rags, tools, etc.)

Mike

#5 OFFLINE   JimArch

JimArch

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 96 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE, Oxford White, Dune leather, MFT, Rear Cam, Moonroof, Navigation
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Any other recommendations that work well with the unique hybrid trunk? Just looking for the best way to keep groceries in their bags, and organize all the other stuff that finds its way into our trunks. Thanks forum readers!

Today I received the large cargo organizer from Ford parts, 4 sections wide, fits great at the rear of the hybrid trunk, very nice quality, folds flat when needed, secures with bungees. No more melons and oranges rolling all over the place!

Edited by JimArch, 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   terryb

terryb

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 430 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 fusion hybrid

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

I bought the Ford organizer mentioned above for my '10 and migrted it to the '13.  Perfect fit and great function.  I also have a Gym bag for the jumpers and misc. junk.  I can fill the organizer w/groceries easily.

Delivered 1/2/13
Ice Storm 2 / Moon Roof / Navi w MFT / Driver Assist / Luxury Pkg.
505A / leather Dune / rear view camera / park assist
Adaptive Cruise / remote Start / luxury wheels

171254.png

233484.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·