MikeS

Wheelchair in Ford Fusion? Will it Fit?

My mom is 77, and doesn't need one presently, but I'm about to do a 3 year lease on a 2011 Ford Fusion, and it just occurred to me:

WILL A WHEELCHAIR fit in a fusion?

Thanks,

Mike

My mom is 77, and doesn't need one presently, but I'm about to do a 3 year lease on a 2011 Ford Fusion, and it just occurred to me:

Thanks,

Mike

Try it before you lease it.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike. :D Yes, a wheel chair will fit in the trunk. I know from experience.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Mike. :D Yes, a wheel chair will fit in the trunk. I know from experience.

That was one of my concerns when I bought my Hybrid. I took the chair to the dealer and tried it there. Remember there is the battery between the back seat and the trunk.

Would not fit. Very close, but the big wheels made it too big. I did get a transporter and it fits just fine. Have to take off the foot supports, that that is easy. A transporter is the wheel chair with the four small wheels. Works perfect. I leave Mom's big one at the assisted living and it's waiting for her when we return.

That was one of my concerns when I bought my Hybrid. I took the chair to the dealer and tried it there. Remember there is the battery between the back seat and the trunk.

Would not fit. Very close, but the big wheels made it too big. I did get a transporter and it fits just fine. Have to take off the foot supports, that that is easy. A transporter is the wheel chair with the four small wheels. Works perfect. I leave Mom's big one at the assisted living and it's waiting for her when we return.

Hi guys. :D rpreuss is correct. My previous reply was referring solely to the "regular" (non-Hybrid) Fusion, Milan and MKZ. To be honest, since Mike did not mention the Hybrid at all, it never even entered my mind. :banghead:

So as rpreuss stated, according to its size (full-size or not), a wheel chair may not fit in the trunk of the Hybrid versions of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ, due to the loss of trunk space caused by the battery pack. So bring the wheel chair in question to the Dealership and test fit it, if you are looking at a Hybrid.

Edited by bbf2530

Wasn't thinking hybrid, and a transport chair would solve the problem even if a full sized wheel chair wouldn't fit, which thanks to this newsgroup, I've learned will fit.

So, perfect!

My mom's in pretty good health so hopefully this will never even be an issue.

Thanks to everyone,

Mike

My brother's wheelchair easily fits in our regular Fusion, with plenty of room to spare. We can actually fit his wheelchair, great grandma's walker, and other crap in the trunk. :D