armydad77632

TPMS Tire pressure sensor fault

I just got the "tire pressure sensor fault" indication on my message center. From what I can gather, I have the banded sensor. Am I correct in assuming that the valve stem mounted sensor will not work on my 2008 SEL V6? I found some on the internet that says they are compatible, but I am not sure now after reading some of the posts on here

Hi armydad. :D The valve-type sensors are not compatible with your 2008 Fusion. You must use the proper band-type sensor.

In addition: First, have you read the TPMS/TPMS troubleshooting section in your Owners Manual? You may be able to track down the cause of the problem without wasting money on unnecessary parts. Second, is your car still under Warranty (3 years/36,000 Bumper to Bumper, 5 years/60,000 Powertrain)? If it is, simply make a service appointment. And even if it isn't, first read the Owners Manual. If that does not help, then I would recommend you still take the car in for service before you start throwing parts at the "tire pressure sensor fault" warning light. The fix may be as simple as a reprogramming of the current sensors.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I took my car to a local shop and they had the tool to read the sensor. All sensors were reading except the left rear. I've read it could be the battery, but being only 2 years old I'm not sure. The car is out of warranty (60,000 miles), so this is out of pocket. I haven't noticed a vibration indicating the band broke, so not sure if I should just get a sensor or what.