Sign in to follow this  
k_sync

mirror sticker on window?

so since I got my new fusion 2010, theres the "objects in mirror are closer ..." sticker on my passenger side window in the interior. I tried peeling a bit off, but it leaves the words on the window.. I doubt its supposed to be there... should I take it to the dealership to get it removed, or just try removing it myself.. I dont want to keep it there, because, well its awkward, and weird that its on the window!

please let me know what you think I should do!

Thanks!

That's just weird. The car is new. Go back to the dealer. Ford messed up, not you.

so since I got my new fusion 2010, theres the "objects in mirror are closer ..." sticker on my passenger side window in the interior. I tried peeling a bit off, but it leaves the words on the window.. I doubt its supposed to be there... should I take it to the dealership to get it removed, or just try removing it myself.. I dont want to keep it there, because, well its awkward, and weird that its on the window!

Thanks!

Those have been on every manufacturers right side mirror that I have bought for decades. Thats to let you know the mirror on the right is different than the left mirror and the object in the right mirror is a whole lot closer than it looks in that mirror.

Huh, I didn't even notice that. I thought it's printed on the mirror, not a sticker on the window. I'll have to go look after my coffee. But if there's ink still stuck on your window, you should be able to remove it with a carefully used razor blade. Just go easy so you don't scratch it.

Thanks!

Please tell us wht was done to fix it.

Oh, I forgot and finally noticed mine today. It's only on the mirror. I'm in the US, so I guess that explains it.

Like I said before, though, if you want to get rid of it, use a razor blade, and slowly work it back and forth under the sticker and peel it really slow as it is lifted by the razor. You'll probably have some spots of the adhesive left, and using the sticky side of the sticker can actually remove quite a bit of that. WD-40 on a rag or paper towel is good at removing stickers too. Happy motoring! :shift:

And again, the razor is good for removing paint from any window. Just use it pretty flat, and carefully to avoid scratches.

Edited by xmech2k

I have one on my window too but it's in French. The English version of the "objects in mirror" text is on the mirror itself like in most cars. I'm in Canada so I guess this was there way of meeting a bilingual requirement.

The sticker is hard to take off... so far I've just left it since it's not very noticeable

i think it's bad that our government thinks we are so stupid that we need this message whereas people in Europe are smart enough to not need it. Just like the sunvisor message . Probably someone won a lawsuit because their lack of common sense caused a problem.

Edited by FFHdriver