Sign in to follow this  

okay so Ive got an 09 sap 4cyl auto, it still has the factory goodyear eagle rsa, 225/45/18, just a tick over 21k, Ive had this thing aligned 5 times now, the tires have been rebalanced 3x, I still continue to have a vibration at all speeds and a slight pull depending on the road. I have gotten so sick of taking it to the shop that until I can narrow down a problem i don't want to take it back anymore, the dealership has stopped warranting the alignment and I don't know if there would be any kind of warranty on the tires themselves, from what I read in the book its only covered for the first 2/32 and I know that ive used more than that. But anyway has anyone else had to have their cars aligned this many times and tires balanced like this? I only have a bigger rear sway bar on the car, and everytime that the alignment has been off its always the rear toe that has to be redone.

well the dealership has roadforce balanced them once, tires plus did the last balancing and alignment, I still haven't had time to take it back to the shop but I pretty much have a vibration at all speeds now and the handling is sketchy at best, grrr.

The rotors should only cause vibration while braking. But I don't think that's the case here, is it 09silversport? If this is only during braking, then the vibration and the pull could mean a brake job is in order.

I wonder if it's time to start trying to do isolated tire rotation. swap the left front and rear, then put them back and do the same on the right. Or maybe even replacing one at a time with the spare. Maybe you could sense a drastic change and isolate it down to one tire.

Or maybe get someone else to drive next to you on the highway, and maybe they can see one of the wheels actually vibrating if it's bad enough. I had a similar issue with another car, and the vibration only showed up at a certain speed, and this was the only way I got it figured out.

The rotors should only cause vibration while braking. But I don't think that's the case here, is it 09silversport? If this is only during braking, then the vibration and the pull could mean a brake job is in order.

I wonder if it's time to start trying to do isolated tire rotation. swap the left front and rear, then put them back and do the same on the right. Or maybe even replacing one at a time with the spare. Maybe you could sense a drastic change and isolate it down to one tire.

Or maybe get someone else to drive next to you on the highway, and maybe they can see one of the wheels actually vibrating if it's bad enough. I had a similar issue with another car, and the vibration only showed up at a certain speed, and this was the only way I got it figured out.

Hello, I have had my tires re-balanced 13 times YES I SAID 13! EVEN ROAD FORCED 3 TIMES!!!! I EVEN HAD ALL 4 WHEELS REPLACED TO MAKE SURE. THE DEALER CANT NARROW IT DOWN, I HAVE A 2010 SPORT AWD, THE STOCK GOODYEARS ARE JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFECTIVE!!!!!!! DEALER OR GOODYEAR WILL NOT REPLACE! I BOUGHT CAR NEW IN SEPT 09' AND I NOW HAVE 27300 MILES ON THE STOCKERS ROTATED EVERY 3,OOO MILES TO NARROW IT DOWN AS TO WHICH TIRE. I PLAN ON REPLACEING THEM WITH CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS...TIRERACK SELLS THEM AS SO DOES SEARS. I EVEN TOOK THE CAR TO THE LOCAL TIRE DISCOUNTERS TO HAVE THEM DOUBLE CHECK THE DEALER, THE STOCK GOODYEAR RS-A TIRES ARE GARBAGE! GET RID OF THEM ASAP!

Railroad, did you try more than one place for balancing. Part of my issue was the place I was having balance the tires was a Sam's Club where I had purchased them originally, so it was free balancing for I forget how long. It turns out they're not good at it. Go figure!

Railroad, did you try more than one place for balancing. Part of my issue was the place I was having balance the tires was a Sam's Club where I had purchased them originally, so it was free balancing for I forget how long. It turns out they're not good at it. Go figure!

I had them roadforced at 2 different Tire Discounters stores in the year that ive had the car. they are a very good reputable tire chain. Hell the shmuck at the dealer put 5 oz. of weight on one wheel!!! what a retard! the guy at tire discounters indexed the tire 180 deg on the wheel and got it to balance with 1.5 oz of weight. Ill never go to a Ford dealer to get tire work done ! atleast not my dealer! lol

I had them roadforced at 2 different Tire Discounters stores in the year that ive had the car. they are a very good reputable tire chain. Hell the shmuck at the dealer put 5 oz. of weight on one wheel!!! what a retard! the guy at tire discounters indexed the tire 180 deg on the wheel and got it to balance with 1.5 oz of weight. Ill never go to a Ford dealer to get tire work done ! atleast not my dealer! lol

When I've had a tire balanced and it took 3 ounces or more on one side, I've always asked that the tire be rotated 180 degrees and rebalanced. No one has ever refused.