runutzzzzz

Is your hybrid loud when you are accelerating hard?

I have towonder if what you are hearing on full power is the electric engine which I feel makes more noise than the gas engine. Both together is quite loud.

You want to be careful that you have not created any restriction on the airflow into the engine with the damping material. I don't understand the noise comments. The engine makes a lot of noise at higher RPM's as many small 4 cylinders do. It operates at higher AND lower rpm's than most engines. It's the nature of the vehicle design, eCVT and the Atkinson cycle ICE. I'm also hard of hearing. I try to limit acceleration demands to less than three divisions on the "PWR" gauge in "Empower" dash mode. Once acceleration is over the car is very quiet. The only EV noise I hear is a brief motor whir at very low speed.

> > dynamating the drivers fender ROTFLMAO

does the Camry hybrid have a smooth quiet marshmallowie ride ? (the only Camry i've been in ((not a hybrid)) did & I didn't care for it - I like more of a hooked up feeling shift.gif

I think the intake noise is related to the Atkinson cycle ICE. A lot of charge is pumped back into the intake manifold before the valve closes on the compression stroke. The TCH may have done a better job of reducing the noise. Ford buried the intake down by the fender but noise may originate from every part of the intake air passage.

My car sounds loud when accelerating..The engine sounds like it is working really hard and you can hear it.. The only good part is that once you get up to highway speed the car gets really quit.

If you "punch" the accelerator the engine is going to make some noise. If someone is a hard accelerator kind of driver, then this is not the vehicle for them. Plus the MPG will drop considerable which makes the reason for buying a vehicle like this null and void.

Dan

I think the noise is "normal" and related to the fact that it's a small (156 HP) Atkinson cycle engine. The Prius's are noisy too at high power demand. When you drive it so that it's quiet, that's when you get good mileage.

You must live in a very flat part of the country in the middle of no where?

Ever driven your FFH in the mountains? How about merging into traffic going 65 MPH?

My car is now quieter than my TCH due to my mods. I think the reason it was louder was the TCH was better insulated and the intake was located at the noise of the car, further away from the passenger compartment.

Nope, central NJ. Pretty crowded, but not to flat. No mountains, but merging all the time. If I floor the accelerator it's loud.

Dan

I was just wondering if anyone elses hybrid was really loud when accelerating hard? It soulds it almost sounds like you I have a intake on the car!

It bothered me so much that I ended up Dynamating the drivers fender / fenderwel / wheel well and stuffing noise foam inside it too.

Inquiring minds want to know (I can' believe no one has asked). How effective is your noise reduction attempt? Yes, the engine sounds terrible when pushed. I rarely do accelerate hard (once in a while when entering a highway and once to show my kids the thrashing sound).

Is the Lincoln MKZ 'better' (I upgraded from a Civic hatch so my FFH is great)