Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Scratch repair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   roblax13

roblax13

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

I have a pretty bad scratch on the part of the front bumper that is below the fog lamp where the bumper and right fender meet. I must of rubbed up against something while parallel parking or something. Anyway, what do I need to do to repair it. You can see white, so it must be all the way through the clearcoat and paint. Can I do it myself? And if it has to be done at a body shop, what will be the damage to my checkbook? Should I get my insurance involved?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. I can provide a picture of the scratched area to better understand the situation.
Rob

2010 SEL I4 Sterling Gray

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

I have a pretty bad scratch on the part of the front bumper that is below the fog lamp where the bumper and right fender meet. I must of rubbed up against something while parallel parking or something. Anyway, what do I need to do to repair it. You can see white, so it must be all the way through the clearcoat and paint. Can I do it myself? And if it has to be done at a body shop, what will be the damage to my checkbook? Should I get my insurance involved?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. I can provide a picture of the scratched area to better understand the situation.

Probably not worth an insurance claim. You can get your own touch up kit at www.paintscratch.com - they include everything you need with instructions. Try that first and see if it looks ok. If not you can probably get it fixed and repainted for a few hundred bucks at a body shop.
Allen - Atlanta, GA
2006 Fusion SEL V6 fully loaded
Tungsten/Med. Light Stone

#3 OFFLINE   Kaleb

Kaleb

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

I"m sure you can go to your Ford dealership and have them mix you up a bottle of your paint code. When they painted my monochrome grille they gave me a bottle of the paint to match my car. For any touchups I had to do.

#4 OFFLINE   roblax13

roblax13

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

I"m sure you can go to your Ford dealership and have them mix you up a bottle of your paint code. When they painted my monochrome grille they gave me a bottle of the paint to match my car. For any touchups I had to do.

Too late. I ordered the touch up kit. I will try that first. I just can't stand looking at that big ugly scratch on my beautiful car. :banghead:
Rob

2010 SEL I4 Sterling Gray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·