Sign in to follow this  
UniversalD

Pass Airbag Off display

Now, the display shortly lights up when the car is turned on but then goes off, meaning that the Passenger airbag is activated. But now we've noticed yesterday evening and this morning that is actually happening all the time. It doesn't matter if there is a passenger in the front seat or not, the "Pass Airbag Off" light goes off and the passenger airbag seems activated.

Is that normal operation and what other Fusion owners are experiencing? Reading the owner's manual, it seems to indicate that the passenger airbag should remain deactivated if nobody is in the passenger seat, or if there is a smaller kid or car seat, and the dashboard light display should stay on in that case.

Perfectly normal. That is how it is described in my owner's manual and how it works in my fusion.

Note, the other day, for the first time, I put my laptop case (way too many papers in there!) on the pass seat and the light stayed on.

All other times, empty or occupied with the seat belt fastened, the light comes on, then turns off.

So my light is off when I'm solo in the car. It was also off with the wife in the right seat...this in normal????? :waiting:

Yes, it's normal and is explained in your owners guide:

When the front passenger seat is not occupied (empty seat) or in the event that the front passenger frontal airbag is enabled (may inflate), the

indicator lamp will be unlit.

The front passenger sensing system is designed to enable (may inflate) the front passenger’s frontal airbag anytime the system senses that a person of adult size is sitting properly in the front passenger seat.

When the front passenger sensing system enables the front passenger frontal airbag (may inflate), the indicator lamp will be unlit and stay unlit.

If a person of adult size is sitting in the front passenger’s seat, but the "passenger airbag off"or "pass airbag off" indicator lamp is lit, it is possible that the person isn’t sitting properly in the seat......