Sithil

Leather, Heat, and AC

With the latest update, this problem may go away. The AC is too good in the car, and if it is colder than it needs to be, it will condense moisture as soon as the airflow stops when you shut the car off. Its the moisture on the evaporator that causes this stink.

With the Update they slowed the compressor down, so the refrigerant is not going to be so energetic in cooling after its shut off.

I have taken Lysol and sprayed it into the intake on other cars to get rid of the mold, may be able to do it by removing the air filter in the glove box and spraying it there. Just make sure you dont spray any plastic that you can see normally as it may discolor it.

I've had the funky smell after Ac is turned off in all the cars I've owned. I've used cabin air filter with baking soda and other one with activated carbon too. But no success.

Brought my car in for the SECOND TIME for the moldy/wet dog smell coming from the ventilation system. It even stinks when the fan is just on.

Just as before it smelled ok for one day, then the second day the smell was back. I swear they are just spraying some febreeze in there even though they say they took apart then entire system and looked for condensation etc. and did a fridigie clean.

I'm about to write to the BBB. They also didn't fully fix a trim issue I had.

They claimed to have done the fix for the wheel popping but I heard it for a short time driving down the road. I have no way of knowing if they actually put the trust washers on or not.

Arrggghhhhhh, why can't service departments do their job. Sorry for the rant.

It would take them at least a day to rip the dash apart if they did that. Have you tried turning the heater on full blast to max temp fr a while? Sometimes that helps cook the crap off. Sounds like yours got wet and has some gook on it to keep it from drying off.