Sign in to follow this  
FusionFan

Synch Turn by Turn Prompt Issue

I noticed a couple of weeks ago my turn by turn prompts seem to have stopped 'talking' to me. The volume on the radio still quiets where the prompt would usually chime in...but no directions forthcoming. No beeps, tones or voice. My settings have not changed and all looks OK for my NAV options. Has anyone experienced this? Before I take my Fusion in to the dealer...thought I'd try here first. Thanks.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago my turn by turn prompts seem to have stopped 'talking' to me. The volume on the radio still quiets where the prompt would usually chime in...but no directions forthcoming. No beeps, tones or voice. My settings have not changed and all looks OK for my NAV options. Has anyone experienced this? Before I take my Fusion in to the dealer...thought I'd try here first. Thanks.

There is a setting in sync to turn the voice on or off, don't know why it would turn off by itself unless it was by accident.

Somewhere in another post there was a list of sync commands, I downloaded/printed that and according to that list you should be able to say "navigation", then "voice on" to turn it back on... if I am reading this cheat sheet correctly, as I have not run the command myself.

There is a setting in sync to turn the voice on or off, don't know why it would turn off by itself unless it was by accident.

Somewhere in another post there was a list of sync commands, I downloaded/printed that and according to that list you should be able to say "navigation", then "voice on" to turn it back on... if I am reading this cheat sheet correctly, as I have not run the command myself.

Thanks much, I will give that a try. Much appreciated.

Mine does this every once in a while (no clue when or why) but if you turn off the car and turn it back on, everything functions normal again

Agreed, I find that if you start the car and shift into D or R before everything has finished "booting" up, I lose both the Sync Voice and Song/Artist song alert, however everything pops up on screen. Haven't tried nav when this happens, but can assume it's the same. A quick off on, let everything boot up fixes the issue for me.