Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Passenger side seat rattling noise - Ford Fusion 2010

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Steven Mcqueen

Steven Mcqueen

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

I have a Ford Fusion 2015 with less than 10k miles - I am noticing a rattle when I hit bumps - sounds like it is coming from the trunk - louder with the seats down - anyone else have this issue thanks……….

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,514 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

I have a Ford Fusion 2015 with less than 10k miles - I am noticing a rattle when I hit bumps - sounds like it is coming from the trunk - louder with the seats down - anyone else have this issue thanks……….

Check the torsion bars that support the trunk lid when it is open and verify that the rubber tubes on them are centered on the bars.

#23 OFFLINE   Steven Mcqueen

Steven Mcqueen

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

I don't have rubber tubes - but the torsion bars are zip tied together - whats next?

#24 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

I don't have rubber tubes - but the torsion bars are zip tied together - whats next?

Wow!  That makes no sense to me.  Those zip ties would have to be really tight to prevent the bars from making noise.  How close are they to the metal deck above them?  Is it possible for them to flex upward enough to hit the underside of the package shelf?

#25 OFFLINE   Steven Mcqueen

Steven Mcqueen

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

Attached a picture - they are tied pretty close and rigid - but they are really close to top

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 4.44.11 PM.png   380.71KB   0 downloads

#26 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:04 PM

Attached a picture - they are tied pretty close and rigid - but they are really close to top

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-18 at 4.44.11 PM.png

It looks to me like there is a rubber tube on the top bar.  I'm not sure what the velcro looking strap at the right side is.  If that is a rubber tube and it is preventing metal contact between the two bars that will work.  Do you have a piece of foam that you could put between the bars and the metal above them to see if that solves the problem?

#27 OFFLINE   Steven Mcqueen

Steven Mcqueen

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:06 PM

I am taking in tomorrow for them to look at - it is driving me nuts…..

Not sure if it is that or my license plate or a seat belt - but when I hit a bump it rattles - annoying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·