Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Question on Interior and Exterior Cleaning

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ktruba

ktruba

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hey,

Just got my Fusion Sport last night, after skimming the forums some it seems as though the general consensus for cleaning products is Meguiars?

I believe they sell this at the Advanced Auto Parts store near my house so I plan on picking up a few different products?

Do you guys recommend all their products? From Car Wash to Leather/Dashboard Cleaner?

I'm pretty OCD and I hate mixing and matching products so usually if im going to buy something I'll just get all from the same thing.

On my old 95 jeep I usually just used Armor All products but it seems like ya'll are recommending not using them.

This is my first car, I don't want to mess it up. I love it way too much already :headspin:

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   FFHdriver

FFHdriver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Hey,

Just got my Fusion Sport last night, after skimming the forums some it seems as though the general consensus for cleaning products is Meguiars?

I believe they sell this at the Advanced Auto Parts store near my house so I plan on picking up a few different products?

Do you guys recommend all their products? From Car Wash to Leather/Dashboard Cleaner?

I'm pretty OCD and I hate mixing and matching products so usually if im going to buy something I'll just get all from the same thing.

On my old 95 jeep I usually just used Armor All products but it seems like ya'll are recommending not using them.

This is my first car, I don't want to mess it up. I love it way too much already :headspin:

I've used Meguiars products for years and have found them to be excellent. You won't go wrong using them.
'10 Fusion hybrid;blt.5/09;501A;white plat.met.;med.lt.stone leather

#3 OFFLINE   Snowball 2010

Snowball 2010

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

Hey,

Hi Ktruba, Well I use Maguires on the outside for wax twice a year and a wax top up every so often, for the inside I have not used anything for the first year. You see I like the new car smell and I want to make it last. After a year I'll probably use Armoral. Now, there is one thing I highly recommend, the Maguires protection for headlight lenses and I put some on all exterior light lenses so they wont yellow and fade.
Good luck and congrats.

#4 OFFLINE   highway

highway

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

Hi Ktruba, Well I use Maguires on the outside for wax twice a year and a wax top up every so often, for the inside I have not used anything for the first year. You see I like the new car smell and I want to make it last. After a year I'll probably use Armoral. Now, there is one thing I highly recommend, the Maguires protection for headlight lenses and I put some on all exterior light lenses so they wont yellow and fade.
Good luck and congrats.

I have a good friend that ran an upholstery shop and he wouldn't let a bottle of armor all in his shop, He always said it clogged up the pores in the material. I use zaino leather conditioner or meguires.

#5 OFFLINE   ktruba

ktruba

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

I have a good friend that ran an upholstery shop and he wouldn't let a bottle of armor all in his shop, He always said it clogged up the pores in the material. I use zaino leather conditioner or meguires.

Okay,thanks for all the advice! Yeah I bought some wax and regular wash from Meguiars to start with, I'm definitely going to pick up some leather conditioner and then their dashboard shine/protectant. I've just been using Rain-X Glass Cleaner for the windows.

I then just wanted to add a chrome cleaner, and then something for the rims and tires.

#6 OFFLINE   highway

highway

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

Okay,thanks for all the advice! Yeah I bought some wax and regular wash from Meguiars to start with, I'm definitely going to pick up some leather conditioner and then their dashboard shine/protectant. I've just been using Rain-X Glass Cleaner for the windows.

I then just wanted to add a chrome cleaner, and then something for the rims and tires.

one other little tip. After you machine wash the towels that you use for the dash, do not dry them all the way in the clothes dryer. dry them about half way and hang out to dry. This helps reduce static electricity and helps to keep from attracting dust on the dash . :)

highway

Edited by highway, 10 May 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   commishbob

commishbob

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

I had this glass cleaner recommended to me and it is really great stuff. It's available on Amazon and isn't very expensive.

Sprayway Glass Cleaner
2010 Sterling Gray Metallic SE w/SYNC/Sun and Appearance packages.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   2010 Sport Blue SEL

2010 Sport Blue SEL

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

I was cleaning and conditioning my leather seats today with Meguiar's and honestly could not tell what is leather and what is vinyl. Does anyone know if the entire seat is leather or just the seating area?
2010 Fusion SEL
2.5L FWD
Sport Blue Metallic
Moon & Tune Package
Remote Start

#9 OFFLINE   bbf2530

bbf2530

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

I was cleaning and conditioning my leather seats today with Meguiar's and honestly could not tell what is leather and what is vinyl. Does anyone know if the entire seat is leather or just the seating area?

Hi 2010. :D Only the seating surfaces/areas are leather. Or as the website states, they are "leather trimmed". So the headrests, sides of the seats, backs of the seats (facing rear passengers) etc. are not leather. However, you can use the Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner on the entire seat, leather and imitation.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530, 15 May 2010 - 04:53 PM.

2007 Lincoln MKZ - 3.5 liter V-6/6 Speed ATX - Alloy Clearcoat Metallic/Light Stone Leather with Dark Ebony Wood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·