Sign in to follow this  
sobayimage

Wish list for future FFH

Many of this forum’s posts are about the problems and operation of their FFH. I would like to hear about what owners would like changed or added in the coming years to the FFH. I have my wish list:

- Remove the price penalty for wanting a white FFH.

- Adding a operational holder (other than clipping it to the sun visor) compartment for the gate/garage-door opener. Better still have a built-in unit that able to learn any transmitter code.

- Have hood struts like those that are standard on the trunk lid.

- Have a inside trunk pull-down handle or auto closer to avoid getting your hands dirty when closing the trunk.

- Improve rear visibility by making all the models come have a non reflective dark colored shelf behind the rear seat.

- Make the trunk floor carpet light in color to make it easier to see things and removable for cleaning.

- Make the center armrest longer and foldaway plus put the cup holders inside.

- Make wheel well splash guards standard.

- Have city-car package with a factory plug-in option with 10 kw-hr lithium ion battery.

- I like room when I drive so – get rid of the center console, mount gear shift on steering column and with a foot operated parking brake (auto releases when put in drive).

- Have a nostalgia package with selectable two tone paint and rear body fins (just kidding).

- Reduce the number of push button controls on the front dashboard with some repositioning and converting some into knobs . Function and safety should out-weigh the design appearance.

- Have the turn signal volume adjustable or quieter.

- Create a factory Appearance, Convenience and Durability (ACD) optional package – color matched side body bumper guards with door edge protector strips on all four doors – contoured splash mud guards on all wheel wells – removable thick pile carpeted trunk with push button trunk lid closer – plush full coverage floor mats for both front and back – glove compartment courtesy light – folding extendable center armrest – foldable outside mirrors – recessed styled wheels to reduce curb damage.

Here's a few more to add:

1. Folding rear-view mrrors.

2. Auto shut off on the 12vdc outlets to avoid depleting the battery if you leave something like an ipod connected.

3. relocate the HEV battery to allow the rear seats to be folded and a pass thru from the trunk.

4. Light in the glove compartment.

5. Make the sunglass holder larger. It's too small to accommodate glasses in a case.

- Have a inside trunk pull-down handle or auto closer to avoid getting your hands dirty when closing the trunk

Mine has this.

What is the "penalty" for white paint? If it's the tri-coat charge that's because the paint itself is more expensive and there are 2 extra steps to be followed (thus the name). If you're saying you would rather have a regular white option without the tri-coat then yes that would be nice.

What is the "penalty" for white paint? If it's the tri-coat charge that's because the paint itself is more expensive and there are 2 extra steps to be followed (thus the name). If you're saying you would rather have a regular white option without the tri-coat then yes that would be nice.

My wife wanted only white so, to get white, tri-coat or not, we had to buy a special package, moon roof etc because white only came with the package. This made getting a white FFH about $1800 above any other color.

My wife wanted only white so, to get white, tri-coat or not, we had to buy a special package, moon roof etc because white only came with the package. This made getting a white FFH about $1800 above any other color.

You had to buy a package? Or a different model? I don't remember Ford limiting paint options on packages.

Memory seats and mirrors. Less aggressive catalytic converter warm-up.

I will bet some of the features we want will be on the MKZ Hybrid. If anyone has access to the order guide, perhaps they can share some insights.

You had to buy a package? Or a different model? I don't remember Ford limiting paint options on packages.

So it appears you have to get the 501a package to get tri-coat white on the Hybrid. Strange. That's the first time I can remember a paint color being tied to an option package.

Memory seats and mirrors. Less aggressive catalytic converter warm-up.

I couldn't agree more on the cat warm-up. Geesh these emissions laws are rediculous. In the winter months in Phoenix, I must drive 5 minutes before EV is even an option. I couldn't imagine what it is like for folks that live in real cold weather.

I'm torn on the memory seats. They're cool on our 2003 Tahoe, but they're starting to flake out, transitioning from convenience to irritant. Now you have to adjust the seats and mirrors every time you drive the thing, even if you were the last one to drive it.

Electronic features would be better if the degraded gracefully. Too often, they go wacky before they die altogether.

My biggest desire would be:

Plugin/Lithium option (as already mentioned). Think of the range!

Diesel/hybrid option. Think about the extra mileage and durability diesel engines have. I wonder why diesels are not appropriate for hybrid technology?

So it appears you have to get the 501a package to get tri-coat white on the Hybrid. Strange. That's the first time I can remember a paint color being tied to an option package.

I have the Tri-coat White with 502A. Only the 500A does not come in the Tri-coat White. Maybe Ford doesn't think that those wanting the bare-bones model do not want to spend an extra ~$500 on paint.

- Have a inside trunk pull-down handle or auto closer to avoid getting your hands dirty when closing the trunk

Mine has this.

Are you talking about the "emergency open" handle in the trunk?

Edited by FFHdriver

I have the Tri-coat White with 502A. Only the 500A does not come in the Tri-coat White. Maybe Ford doesn't think that those wanting the bare-bones model do not want to spend an extra ~$500 on paint.

Well, that's different. I'm guessing 500A is either a fleet only or rental package. A non-tri-coat white would solve the problem though.

Are you talking about the "emergency open" handle in the trunk?

No - a handle to pull down the trunk lid to close it without having to touch the trunk itself and whatever dirt/grime has accumulated on it.

Hi guys. :D Just to try and help out: The 500A package is simply the base Fusion Hybrid package. And for whatever reason, Ford does not allow the White Platinum Tri-coat paint option on the 500A base package. A buyer must opt for either the 501A or 502A packages for the paint option.

501A includes all 500A features plus the Moon & Tune Package, Sony® Audio System and the Driver's Vision Package. And the buyer has the option of adding the White Platinum Tri-coat paint.

502A includes all 500A features plus a $1270 Rapid Spec DISCOUNT, Moon and Tune Package, Voice-activated Navigation System and Leather-trimmed seats with heated front seats. And again, the buyer has the option of adding the White Platinum Tri-coat paint.

Each package is just a step (or two) up from the 500A.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

No - a handle to pull down the trunk lid to close it without having to touch the trunk itself and whatever dirt/grime has accumulated on it.

No, My FFH has a leather look strap on the inside of the trunk to close the trunk with.

Edited by chriscard25

No, My FFH has a leather look strap on the inside of the trunk to close the trunk with.

But that's what I was referring to, except I assumed it wasn't available based on the OP.

So it is available (might have been a job 2 or job 3 change).

I will bet some of the features we want will be on the MKZ Hybrid. If anyone has access to the order guide, perhaps they can share some insights.

i was thinking about this today and you have a good point. If all these "improvements" end up in the FFH, what do they put in the MKZ?

Dan

One of the better posts on this forum, thanks.

Here is my list, hopefully Ford is watching? Also, this is a 'real world' list, no far out ideas here.

1. Garage door openers (3) bult into the sun visor.

2. Memory seats!

3. Flip key - current one cuts holes in my pockets.

4. Trunk storage nets - to handle the grocery bags.

5. Cruise control disengage...nof OFF, just disengage, I hate having to hit the brakes to do this!

6. Folding mirrors...OK, but getting down on my list here.

7. Larger display of all functions in center counsole...showing my age maybe?

Add this one to the "Wish List" that already has some great suggestions:

How about turn indicators, mounted either on the front fenders or else on the exterior rear view mirrors?

I would rather have this feature than some small yellow dot warning me not to switch lanes. Before changing lanes, I always look in the mirror and turn my head to look through the side windows anyway, so to me the yellow dots are almost useless. ~Just not impressed by this feature as it stands alone.

I would rather have yellow flashing lights (mounted on the fenders or on each mirror assembly) or even flashing red arrows mounted on the mirror glass, to warn the other drivers of my intentions.

5. Cruise control disengage...nof OFF, just disengage, I hate having to hit the brakes to do this!

The CNCL RSM (Cancel/Resume) button already does this.

Edited by akirby

Chriscard25 said his already had one is what I'm questioning. He answered my question.

One of the better posts on this forum, thanks.

Here is my list, hopefully Ford is watching? Also, this is a 'real world' list, no far out ideas here.

1. Garage door openers (3) bult into the sun visor.

2. Memory seats!

3. Flip key - current one cuts holes in my pockets.

4. Trunk storage nets - to handle the grocery bags.

6. Folding mirrors...OK, but getting down on my list here.

7. Larger display of all functions in center counsole...showing my age maybe?

What do people use folding mirrors for, small garage? I've never seen a car in a parking lot with the mirrors folded.

I put these in another post out there and thought they could go better here.

1. Light to show cruise has power but is not engaged. Right now.....on the car we currently have......only when you engage the cruis will a light come on.

2. Better foam in seats. As I mentioned before....this could be a leather only change.......nothing eco friendly about leather so why the soy based foam. The seats in the SEL I used were like sitting on a cloud when compared to the Hybrid.

3. Definitel a plug-in charger for the HVB

4. Better HVB or better storage of charge when using in town. Most of my driving is 25-40mph and stop and go.

5. I like the mentioning of the turnsignal on the outside.....kinda like the Mazda 6 but the BLIS is useful....especially kwhen you have neck/spinal issues. I'm a tad bit restricted in frequently turning my head from side to side and the light does let me know what I missed.

6. LED Headlights, tail lights and turnsignals.

7. Available factory installed DVD entertainmet system. One that allows for the rear to be operated independently of the front. The Daughter like movies on long trips and we don't have the Odyssey anylonger.

8. Cup holders that can accomodate larger bottles. Like those larger water bottles for trips and it's even too tight for the Unsweetened tea in a large cup.

9. rear and rear passenger window sunshades. Maybe not so much the rear window but the rear doors would be nice and the kind that are self storing.

10. Red paint option

11. Lighter hood? and the hood struts would be a definite plus too.

12. That fold down rear seat would be nice too. The wife will not drive the FFH in it's current state and there are some things it would be noce to get without having to use her Prius. I do prefer driving the FFH over that.

13. Electric heat?

14. move the washer bottle away from the HV cables. I know they're sealed and all but you can't help but spill solvent on the module and cables that surround the filler neck. I do like the Prius on this one....they're all tucked neatly near the CVT and Traction motor and away from everything else that is owner serviceable

15. More stylish dash/IC and steering controls to accent the LCD IC. The steering controls placed where they can be accessed as soft touch buttons and maybe more heads up display too. Face it....for those that have it...... The Nav screen and other things are a distraction to look down at.

and finally....it's been mentioed a dozen or more times.....floormats. How about just making the all-weather ones standard.