Sign in to follow this  
TripleL

Keyless confirmation

Interesting... On my 2010 SE, the lights flash when locking, and if you push the lock button again the horn honks to confirm. When unlocking with the remote, the headlights and parking lights turn on and stay on until the door is opened, or until lock is pressed again.

Nope, I was quite clear as to the discussion. I was simply pointing out that they stay on as a visual confirmation. Perhaps elaborating on a point that was not mentioned. All that was mentioned aside from the parking lights was the interior lights. What I am speaking about is quite different. It also elaborates (in my opinion) how flashing during both lock and unlock could be confusing. I feel my response was directed at the "confirmation" of unlocking. I felt it was relevant as those who may not own a Fusion and may be interested in how the lights react when the car is unlocked via remote.

An interesting fact - almost all aftermarket keyless entry systems flash the lights for lock as well as unlock. The part that eliminates confusion is the number of flashes (one flash for lock, two for unlock or something similar).

I hope that clears up any confusion on what the two of you were discussing.