metallicred09

I hate when birds crap on my fusion

I absolutely hate when birds do their business on my 09 fusion. Id like to do the same to them. lol. Does anyone have any tips on removing it and not scratching the clearcoat? at that moment it happens. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Go get yourself some Zaino, and a Meguiars claybar kit. Clay clean the paint, put a few coats of Zaino on, and bird POOP will come right off. It also protects the paint from getting damaged from the POOP. You will never need to wax the car again either, a quick detail with the Z6 or Z8 keeps it shining.

I use a car cover. Keeps the paint looking like new and you don't have to wash the car as often. Protects the interior from UV deterioration also.

I would get my ass laughed at if I covered my car at work! LOL I tend to park in the shade which has its good and bad, good is the car stays cool, bad, bird poop on the trunk, and the tree dirt this time of year. Yesterday I left the sunroof vented, now I have tree dirt inside. grrr.

Ha. Where I park there is zero shade or trees or anything, yet somehow I always have at least 3 or 4 spots of bird poop every single day. I try to avoid parking below the numerous power lines (I work at a steel mill) but they must hit me on landing or takeoff. That or the wind blows it over. I keep a bottle of waterless car wash in the trunk to get the spots after work between washes.

Well be thankful they arent Goose droppings! Those are Nasty!

Go get yourself some Zaino, and a Meguiars claybar kit. Clay clean the paint, put a few coats of Zaino on, and bird POOP will come right off. It also protects the paint from getting damaged from the POOP. You will never need to wax the car again either, a quick detail with the Z6 or Z8 keeps it shining.

I like using a polymer "wax" on my cars. You can still use a carnuba for the ultimate shine, but the best and longest protection seems to be the synthetics. I have some Meguiars products sold to the trade (not in Auto Zone) and love it. No buffing, just wipe it on and off. Really keeps a slick finish.

Now, if I do get a burn from a bird poop, I start with a detailing was (quick spray waxes) and try to keep the poop wet until it dissolves. After that a little cleaner wax and a repolish of the area if that works. If not i move to a very mild polishing compound. Gee, this is starting to sound obsessive isn't it?

Once time when my Mustang was new a dealer left it out after testing it for an electrical repair. They sprayed water on it repeatedly apparently,and it dried leaving an amazing number of water spots. Had to clay bar the whole car, and start over.

Well be thankful they arent Goose droppings! Those are Nasty!

I don't even like those in my yard! Got a method of chasing them away, which may include a slingshot it they don't move along quickly enough. Worst here though are the giant Mute Swans- looks like a Great Dane was here.

My horse chases geese, so we dont have that problem any more.