Sign in to follow this  
STOLN

Keyless Entry Pad Color

I have a 2010 SEL AWD autmatic tuxedo black fusion and hate the stale green color Ford has been using for years on the keyless entry pad. I would love to change the color to the blue color of the lights inside the car such as the door lock switch, anybody thought of this or done this? Please help out with any info about this. Hopefully it is easy and we all can change to cool colors.

Edited by STOLN

well since no one wants to respond I will throw this out. I understand to remove the keypad on the door you need to take off the door panel. With this being said does anyone know the size of the light inside the keypad as I do not want to attempt this mod without knowing parts as it means having the car down for a few hours and having a 2 month old son, doesn't help. i would like to know if a bulb or led from a radio or dash light would fit. Anyone?

well since no one wants to respond I will throw this out. I understand to remove the keypad on the door you need to take off the door panel. With this being said does anyone know the size of the light inside the keypad as I do not want to attempt this mod without knowing parts as it means having the car down for a few hours and having a 2 month old son, doesn't help. i would like to know if a bulb or led from a radio or dash light would fit. Anyone?

Hi STOLN. :D Figured I would reply just so you do not think you are being ignored. Saw your first post but had no information to offer that would help. Same with the second.

In all honesty, not sure that you will get much help on this, as I know of no one who has ever bothered to change the lighting for the key-less entry keypad, since it is only on for a few seconds when the buttons are being pushed anyway. You may even be the first to attempt it.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just explaining the realities of the situation for this modification.

Sorry I could not help.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi, Google is your friend... I have belonged to a few car forums, and this one is a little more laid back - in a good way! Anyhow, there is not a lot of modifying like this going on, and finding it on a Fusion is obviously tricky. I searched "ford keyless entry pad bulb" and found several articles. I have attached a link below, it had a good write up and photos. I would imagine Ford doesn't get too creative and use many variations of these, that is for you to verify though. I can relate, as I have three young children, and a torn apart car doesn't mean you wont need to run to the store at a moments notice... I hope this helps, and you can provide some good photos and tips/tricks when you perform this work.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193400

Thanks for the link, it is awesome to see that this works. I just need to gather the guts to do this to my car. Anybody know the bulb color for the blue interior color? I have a tuxedo black fusion and this mod would make the keypad look so much better.

I know it is late, and I mean no ill will by asking this... Did you just ask for the bulb color for the blue interior color? Blue. I think it is because there are a few shades of blue you can get. I would go with good old Blue. It is deeper than Aqua. That link has other links in it as well. I noticed the newer ones reference surface mounted LEDs, which would make sense. I would have a few on stand-by for the project. You may also have a green filter that needs to be removed.

I am looking for the auqua color blue bulb like the dash color in the car, this pic is the color I am looking for, anyone know a link as to where to get LED's in variety of colorspost-6274-126912037375_thumb.jpg